Chapter Three

It had been a week since Y/n arrived in the village and everything was going well. The village had a massive population boom due to Aphmau kidnapping people from nearby villages. That and everyone was having babies, but that's beside the point. Y/n was aimlessly walking around the village, she had finally finished introducing herself to all the villagers and was exhausted. 

Getting back to Aphmaus's house the girl threw herself on the plush bed curling up under the sheets. Kanna was happily resting on a nearby shelf chirping every now and then. It felt nice to have a moment of relaxation seeing as she was helping Aphmau and the new villagers out all day. Y/n was beyond exhausted. Closing her eye she almost drifted off to sleep before the sound of yelling woke her up.

"For the love of Irene-" The girl swore, grabbing her sword which was discarded by the door, and rushing down to the village.

The girl quickly made her way through the growing crowd being mindful not to push too harshly.  Finally making her way past the human wall she spotted Aphmau on the floor next to a man in guard armor. Running over to the two of them Y/n assed the situation. The man had a shallow wound running down his chest, Y/n noticed the similarities between his and Brendan's. Quickly she tore the clothes on his chest for clear access to the wound. She pointed at one of the nearby guards asking them to help her carry the body to the farmhouse.

Aphmau followed close behind as they walked down the gravel road. Swinging the farm door open Y/n led the guard to the bed asking him to gently place the knight on the table.  Turning towards Aphmau Y/n urged the girl to get the doctor from Bright Port, to which she hastily agreed. Motioning the knight from before over Y/n asked them to go get her bag in Aphmau's house. Finally left in the farmhouse alone Y/n cleaned their hand before going back to check the wound. The bleeding hadn't yet stopped and it didn't look like it would for a while, and she didn't have a while to heal him. 

The girl silently cursed the world as she used some clean spare rags she found by the sink to clean the area of the wound. There was nothing the girl could do at the moment except pray. She had given her last healing potion to Brendan seeing as she was told there was only one injured person in the village, and healing potions were hard to come by. Once she cleaned the area she continued to apply pressure to the wound hoping the blood would eventually clot. Focused on applying pressure the girl didn't notice that the knight from earlier had come back into the room. When he made his presence known Y/n flinched realizing who it was she asked them to receive the suture kit from her bag.

The knight got to work searching the girls' bag. Finally, they found the kit in what seemed to be an endless bag and handed it to the girl. Y/n directed the knight to clean their hands seeing as she would need another pair of hands. Turning towards the knight she spoke carefully.

"What happens in this room stays in this room" The knight nodded their head as the two got to work.

The girl removed the injured knight's helmet and the clothes covering his upper chest. Carefully she pulled out the needle and thread turning to the knight she instructed them to make sure the man didn't move. They did as they were told. Y/n quickly got to stitching. Hopefully, the bleeding would stop after doing so. The sound of urgent knocking distracted the girl from the stitches. Tilting her head up the girl spoke to the knight.

"If it's not the doctor don't let them in" The knight nodded before going outside the farmhouse.

After a few minutes, a man in a dark suit and mustache came into the room. He was carrying a case and placed it on the table. 

"I'm assuming you're the medic Lady Aphmau knows" Y/n didn't acknowledge the man focused on knotting her stitch. 

"That she is" The knight from earlier spoke. "It would be best if you let her do her job before you distract her".