Chapter Twenty-Nine

As it turns out Dante had gotten everyone lost in the forest. He had absolutely no idea where he was going and had just led everyone in circles. After he walked around the same tree twice Laurence was quick to point it out. Dante had tried to defend himself but was cut off by the hot-tempered boy. As those two squabbled Y/n and Garroth had started setting up camp. 

Y/n had helped Malachi down from the horse placing him under the camp she had set up with Garroth. Though the young boy could not feel cold Y/n was sure to wrap him in one of the large coats Cadenza gave her. The coat engulfed the poor boy making him look smaller. While Y/n helped set everything up Garroth was trying to de-escalate the situation with Laurence and Dante, and it wasn't going so well. 

"You had one direction to go in Dante, how could you get lost?!" Laurence shouted across the fire pit he had made earlier.

"Well forgive me! If I wasn't paying close enough attention to directions while I was fleeing for my life and protecting Donna!" Dante retaliated harshly sitting down by the fire.

"You two need to calm down" Garroth cut in as he sat by the fire alongside them. "We'll find a way to the Eastern Wolf village - I'm sure we can't be too far off"

"Who's side are you on Garroth?"

"I'm on Y/n's side and she does not look too happy with you two" Garroth said as everyone looked at Y/n who was cracking her knuckles.

"Hey! I'm also on her side! I just don't want her out in the cold any longer than she needs to be!" Laurence said pulling Y/n next to him. "See now she needs to cuddle next to me"

Y/n flapped around in Laurence's arms trying to make the touch-starved boy let her go. Garroth protested the action saying that he was making Y/n uncomfortable, Laurence however told him to go cuddle with the horses. Finally, Y/n was able to knee the boy in the gut and get out of his grip.

"You two calm down before I make your faces cuddle with the ground" Dante threatened. 

"Wow, big talk coming from a guard who just finished training school," Laurence said while trying to grab Y/n again. 

The said girl hid behind Garroth as Dante spit at Laurence "Don't test me"

"Enough squabbling!" Garroth shouted, "We should find high ground and try to establish a location".

"Agreed. Y/n feel free to scout the area as well. I was only joking about you being fragile" Y/n punched Laurence in the shoulder. 

Malachi let out a loud laugh and everyone's mood changed. The boy called everyone out for being funny as he sat and watched them interact with Owly. The boy had been telling her fun facts about himself the whole trip. The first one was that he liked peanut butter and birds. He had even mentioned something about being able to make people and things invisible. 

After Y/n grabbed some things she told Garroth she would be heading off to scout the area. She treaded through the thick winter snow towards a mountain in the distance. It was more of a medium-sized hill if anything. Climbing up the hill she looked off over the edge to see if anything was nearby. There was absolutely nothing. Trees ran for miles and there was not a single glimpse of a village anywhere. 

A heavy cough rippled from Y/n as she held her chest in pain. It was getting harder and harder for the girl to hide this sickness. Ever since Zane hit her with that damned potion, she felt like this. Though Y/n didn't regret saving Alexis from this, it was still painful. The potion was meant to kill but since it was only enough for a child it didn't do so. Instead, it was a slow and painful process.

It would take quite a while for the potion to kill her, two years at most she guessed. Funnily enough, this wasn't the first time Y/n was hit with this potion. When she had traveled to the Nether some time ago it was what the Piglin would call Nether sickness. The cure was simple all she needed was some crimson fungus but that was not so easy to find seeing as that only grew in the Nether. Y/n was really regretting the decision to sell all of hers for those stacks of diamonds.