Chapter Thirty-One

It was the next morning and everything was not going to plan. The whole group was supposed to head to Pikoro village together but Garroth was against the idea. He had stated that it would be suspicious if three guards and a fugitive showed up in the village, which made sense. Y/n however added that she was now Zane's fiancé. After a very long explanation of why that was everyone finally came to an agreement.

Y/n was to head to Pikoro village on her own and hopefully, she wouldn't be recognized but if she was to use the title to her advantage. Laurence was against the idea stating that he should go with Y/n but she denied him. It would be best to go by herself. After much arguing, they convinced Laurence. After informing Lucinda of the whole situation the witch was kind enough to give Y/n a communication crystal, which was made as a necklace, to keep in contact.

The witch had also warned them of Pikoro village's dislike of all things magic. Everyone was on edge hoping that everything was to go as planned. The boys and Lucinda had Y/n get ready for her journey. Apparently, Pikoro village was only a little north of Lucinda's house and all Y/n had to do was follow the path. Malachi had begged to go saying he would go invisible but Y/n refused saying it was too dangerous for a child.

Finally done with all the packing Y/n headed off toward the village. It was a peaceful ride toward the village. Despite leaving during the afternoon to not get caught up at night Y/n had arrived late. The night sky twinked with stars above her. The shine bright with the moon lighting up the path which she followed.

Just before she arrived at the village she put her armor and weapons away. It would seem less suspicious if she was disarmed. If she did get into any trouble she had the communication crystal hidden under her shirt. Arriving at the gates of the village she stared at the quaint little village. The guards at the gate welcomed her to the village one of them even took her horse to get stationed.

"Allow me to escort you to the hotel ma'am" One of the guards spoke taking some of her things for her.

Now that was some weird behavior for an O'khasis guard but Y/n didn't question it and followed him to the hotel. Walking into the hotel she was surprised that the guard paid for her room and brought her stuff upstairs to her room.

"Have a nice night ma'am" The guard said stationing himself outside of the room.

"Thank you," Y/n said walking into the dimly lit room.

The guard nodded closing the door as she walked into the room. The room was small but cozy. The floors and walls of the room were made of oak wood and wooden furniture lay around the room. In the corner of the room was a small dining area for two people, it was next to a huge window space. On the other side of the room was a twin bed with a nightstand, and next to the nightstand was her luggage. Hanging from the ceiling was a simple chandelier that lit up the entire room.

Nothing thinking much Y/n plopped down onto the bed and slept the night away.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

Y/n woke up the next morning to the buzzing of her necklace. The communication crystal subtlely shook, despite that it was enough to wake Y/n up. Looking out the door Y/n checked for any guards before picking the crystal up. Garroth's voice came through clearly on the other end.

"Did something happen Y/n I've been trying to contact you for a while, but for some reason, the link was shut down"

"No I was just sleeping, I checked into the hotel here last night but I think the guards know who I am. They were a little too nice so I'm assuming they know I'm with Zane" Y/n explained.