Journal pt.2

Day 62

I've spent the last two days in Meteli with Laurence and Cadenza by my side. They were the absolute best two days of my life. Cadenza liked the earrings that I had found, she said they gave her some inspiration and she would be making an outfit for me based on them. Can't wait to see what that will look like.

I won't be spending that much time in Meteli however. The best time for me to leave would be now seeing as winter is approaching and Irene knows how I will survive in the cold. Laurence told me to be careful in O'khasis he said something about the guard being disgusting.

Day 70

I feel like I've been traveling in these woods forever. Every day I swear I'm getting closer to O'khasis and then find out I've been heading in the entirely opposite direction. Thankfully all the minor villages that I passed by had told me the directions. The one I'm currently staying in said that O'khasis is only half a day's journey from here.

Hopefully, it's not as bad as the rumors I've been hearing.

Day 83

So O'khasis was an adventure. My first few days in the village?State? Whatever it's called was actually pretty fun. Then I saw how they treat the Meif'wa people and it was absolutely disgusting. The Meif'wa as I found out is just regular people but they have this skin condition that causes their skin to have two different colors. Think of it as partial albinism.

They develop this condition due to the environment in which they lived, if I were, to be honest, it's a beautiful condition. It's horrible to see how they get treated because of it.

That wasn't even the worst part! I may have gotten a little heated when seeing this treatment and acted out. So now I was sitting in a jail cell for the past three days. Nobody knows about this seeing as Kanna would sneak in through the barred windows to deliver my letter.

The guards standing watch must be blind to not see a bright white flying into my window every night, but I shouldn't be complaining. Most of my things had been confiscated from me and I don't really have anything in my bag except for traveling supplies, and well this journal. I had it tucked under my shirt so I was able to sneak it in.

The guards mentioned earlier this afternoon that the high priest would be visiting the prison the 'cleanse' us of our sin. I did nothing wrong though! All defending someone who was being mercilessly attacked because of their skin. Anyway, hopefully, the church has more common sense than the state and lets me out of here.

Day 119

I am utterly exhausted.

Turns out the church and state are one, wish I had known earlier. While pleading my case with the high priest I was let out of the prison thinking it was on the account that I had done nothing wrong. That was not the case, however. That conniving little priest was such a thorn in my side.

He had let me out of prison saying I could repent by helping around the church. Of course, I agreed tired of the moldy smell in the prison. I worked at the church for a good few days before Zane, the high priest, questioned me on my earrings. I knew I should've never taken them.

I had told him they were a gift from a friend. He did not like my answer and that's when things got serious. He kept talking about relics and such and went on this massive crazed rant about someone named Olette. I didn't stay long after that trying to escape the church.

Sadly that couldn't happen as the guards were sent on me which was lovely. I was brought back to Zane's stupid little office in chains. I had to listen to him talk about how Olette's powers were now mine and all the bullshit. I had no idea what he was even talking about and it seemed he could tell. He then made a proposition.