Chapter Twenty-Two

It was the next morning in Pheonix drop and Y/n double-checked that she had everything she needed. Cadenza had helped her pack yesterday and even gave her some clothes just in case. Now Y/n had almost two backpacks full of essentials. Most of the space in the bags were clothes that Cadenza insisted she takes. The other half was food, which Aphmau made she had more than enough of.

Aphmau stood off to the side of her sister's room watching as she paced around. When Y/n had finally collected herself she turned around towards Aphmau and gave her a hug. Aphmau smiled at the sentiment as she hugged her sister back. The two walked to the door and were greeted by Garroth who was waiting for Y/n.

"Ladies, good morning!"

"Morning!" Aphmau replied.

"Glad to see you two are doing well this morning. Y/n Kiki is waiting for you at the docks, I've prepared a boat for the both of you earlier this morning"

"Thanks" 

"Before you leave Y/n there's something err...rather someone I need to speak to you and your sister about"

"Who?" Y/n asked as she stepped closer.

"It's Laurence...I was perfectly fine with him in the village because of his lack of sight, a sad thing to say...but we cannot forget he is still a shadow knight who has yet to-" Y/n cleared her throat. " What I'm trying to say is...I like Laurence as a person, he is a Guard on the same level of power and respect as myself which makes him a valuable asset to the protection of Pheonix Drop. But the fact that he underwent the transformation of a Shadow Knight has me on my toes"

"Garroth, seeing as I've had the most experience in the nether compared to you and my sister, not all is what it seems. I know you're probably thinking I'm only saying this because I have past relations with Laurence but I know for a fact he will never draw his sword to harm an innocent" Aphmau placed a hand on her sister's shoulder calming her down.

"I'll be sure to talk to him," Aphmau said pushing her sister aside. "For Irene's sake, Y/n don't be so aggressive. Garroth does have a point you know"

"Then how come you don't have the same ideology about werewolves? You can't pick and choose which you want to support and which you don't" With that Y/n made her way over to the playpen where Levin was.

Laurence was inside the sand pit with the babe while Cadenza stood right outside the gate with one of Aphmau's many dogs. The redhead watched as Laurence played with Levin already scheming up ideas in her head. Y/n laughed as Cadenza went on about how she would make the cutest outfits for Levin while she was away.

Walking inside the pen Y/n sat down next to Laurence and Levin. Levin barely noticed her presence as he threw his toy truck into the sand. Laurence smiled at Y/n as he smoothly tried to place his arm over her shoulder. Y/n laughed as she moved the boy away from her.

"I did not know Levin was such a rambunctious little scamp. He's very smart and quite the looker, I can tell he's going to be quite the heartbreaker like his mother, and me" Laurence winked at the girl. 

"HA! Right! Because you're drawing in ladies right now"

"Hey! Haha, not fair! I just got better. You could at least go along with my joke for my feeling" Laurence acted wounded. "So...Garroth tells me you're going to the Wolf Tribe Village for a few days give or take"

"Yeah, I'm just a little nervous is all. Oh and he is a little cautious of you, he's afraid that since you didn't complete the 'transformation' you might try"

"...I see. Garroth is trying to say he's afraid I'll turn into a monster against my will. I know he means not to offend me and I can see why it might be hard for him to approach me." A sly smile came to Laurence's face "Do you think he's trying to come between our marriage?"