Chapter Nine

Y/n immediately left Castor's house and back to where Laurence was. He wasn't that hard to spot especially with his 'fire hazard' hair. Racing over to him she quickly filled him in on what she had seen at Castor's house. Laurence's face fell as she described what Castor's house had become.

"I hate to ask you this but I can't make the journey alone. We need to get to the Nether right now!"

"I know that already Laurence! The only Nether portal I know of is in the werewolf tribe"

"A werewolf tribe? When did you have time to visit that?"

"That is not important right now, where is Ungrth?"

Laurence rolled his eyes when she avoided his question before going to get Ungrth. The wyvern had explained how concerned he was for Castor. Y/n sighed praying to Irene that the man wasn't dead. She hopped onto Ungrth with Laurence behind her. And flew through the starry night.

Once she spotted the werewolf village in the distance she hastily pulled Ungrth's reins. She told Laurence to wait with Ungrth while she went to go and talk to the Alpha of the pack. Walking inside the carved-out space she speed over to Boldolf who looked at the girl in concern.

"Sister Y/n, long time no see. What can we do for you?" Y/n smiled at the wolf as she tried to catch her breath.

"I need to get to the nether again"

"Did something happen?"

"Someone took one of my friends and is holding him hostage there"

"Then, by all means, use our portal. I'll have guards stand by to fend off any monsters who try to come out of there. I'll also have the farm area set up for your return. Be safe sister"

Y/n nodded at the alpha heading out of the cave. She motioned over Laurence to come with her as she walked to where the portal room was. The cobbled walls were still covered in the same mossy growth from when she was last here. Flowers bloomed around the portal giving it a calming appearance despite the dangers that lay beyond it. 

Stepping up to the portal she noticed the soul sand beneath her feet. Her feet felt heavy as she moved across it the faces in the sand staring back at her. Laurence placed a hand on the girl's shoulder giving it a tight squeeze. Snapping out of her trance she smiled at Laurence before they stepped into the portal. 

The Nether radiated its familiar heat welcoming the girl back. Laurence noticed the girl's hesitance grabbing her hand. He told her that they would get through this together and not to fear. She thanked him for his kind words before following the glowstone path the werewolves had presumably left for them to follow. 

Looking around the area she noticed not much had changed. The only new thing she had seen was the path they were following along with bones sticking out of the red wall. There also seemed to be a lack of wildlife in the area, not a single pigman was near. It caused the girl's suspicions to rise. Reaching the end of the glowstone path they reached a cavern. In the center of it surrounded by lava was a massive fortress.

The fortress stood tall and imposed on the two. Laurence stared back at the abomination with unwavering obstinate. They both reached for their weapons and neared the bottom of the cavern. Two shadow knights stood near the bridge connecting the nether fortress to solid ground. Y/n took the lead in the onslaught, being the first person to strike.

She was quick and precise with her movements knocking the knight's weapons out of his hand before chopping its head off. Laurence dealt with the other knight. With quick haste, the two traveled further into the Nether fortress slaying all that had gotten in the way. The fortress was empty seeing as they had only come across three other knights which they quickly disposed of.  Walking up the spiral staircase they reached the top floor of the fortress.