Chapter Thirty

Y/n had woken up to the sound of boiling water and the smell of rotting flesh. When she rolled over she saw Lucinda string a pot of red liquid. It looked like the soups placed on the cell's shelf. It smelled rather disgusting and probably tasted the same. Lucinda noticed the girl was now awake and wished her a good morning as she continued to stir her pot. 

The witch cackled as she finally finished with what she was stirring on the pot and poured it into a bowl. She then threw a few more things into it and a puff of silver dust surrounded the potion. Y/n watched in curiosity with Malachi as Lucinda did her magic. The ghost boy had slept with Y/n that night and woke up at the same time as she. Finally, Lucinda decided to fill them in. 

"Alright Y/n, I'm gonna need you to eat this," The witch said handing the potion soup over to Y/n

Y/n stared at it for a while. "What's in here?"

"Well it's some simple spider eye soup mixed with the potion that will get us out of here"

"Oh cool, what type of potion is it though?"

"Interested in potions I see, well it's made with fermented spider eye, brewed blaze powder, nether wart, some golden carrots, and a tiny bit of bone marrow."

"So it's a transformation potion?"

"Exactly! You're going to turn into a little wolf pup and do some sneaking around. There's this magic staff that you need to find that breaks through the barrier magicks, with that you can get us out."

Y/n nodded as she ranked the soup Lucinda had given her. the taste was bitter and it felt like she was drinking poison. Logan gave her words of encouragement as she did so telling her that she would be the best way to get out of there. After Y/n finished her potion Lucinda handed over a crescent amulet telling Y/n to be still as she transformed her. 

She did as she was told and felt as her body shrunk, twisted, and contorted into that of a werewolf pup. Lucinda let out an excited laugh as her plan worked. She quickly drowned Y/n in the scent of the werewolf tribe. Malachi watched in awe as it happened. Finally ready to go Y/n paddled on her four legs toward Malachi. The ghost boy would be phasing her through the magicks barrier while also taking her place in the cell.

Due to his deception magic, he would be able to take her form as she left to go and scout. It felt weird phasing through the barrier, it was as if her whole body fell asleep and woke up on the other side of the barrier. The pins and needles feeling soon disappeared as she moved around outside the cells. Lucinda wished her luck before sending her off. 

Y/n was quick to get to work she tried to leave the underground prison in the least inconspicuous way. Walking out of the prison into the snow felt weird as a wolf. It wasn't as nice to walk on four legs seeing as she got her feet all wet. Looking around the village Y/n noticed the room where the alpha was earlier. Walking over she stood by the entrance listening in on their conversation. 

They didn't say anything important most of what they were talking about was how to win the war. Y/n soon left finding their conversation dull. Walking to the center of the village Y/n was startled when she was lifted by one of the adult wolves. Somewhat panicking she laid still as she was carried to one of the houses. The larger wolf put her down on the floor before talking to her.

"Be sure to eat plenty, make sure to eat lots of food" Y/n nodded, and with that, the wolf left.

It was a little weird being carried around like that but she just assumed that's how the werewolves operated. She did however listen to the wolf and found some bread. Y/n made sure to look around the village before she left the house again. She didn't want to be picked up again and have her cover exposed. Looking through the open doors of the village houses she saw exactly what she was looking for.