Chapter Twenty-Seven

Y/n had ended up sleeping the whole day away and seeing as none of the boys wanted to wake her up it was now nighttime. They had gotten everything packed up and ready to leave all they were waiting for was Y/n to wake up. When Y/n did wake up it was in the evening. While she got herself ready for the night travel the boys went to show Malachi outside of the castle.

After having gotten herself ready to leave Y/n left the castle and went into the courtyard. Garroth was waiting for her there ready to fill her in on the situation. Apparently, Malachi's soul was still attached to the castle and he wasn't able to get past the gates. Garroth had mentioned something about getting a monk or priest. For now, however, he told her to go and comfort the poor ghost boy.

Y/n was quick to go to the boy. His cries were heard across the whole court. Malachi threw himself at the girl begging her not to leave him behind again. Y/n reassured him saying she would never do such a thing to him. The boy took her word for it sitting in front of the gates he wasn't allowed to leave. He clutched his bunny close to his chest as he stared in the distance.

Sighing Y/n turned over to Laurence and Dante who were watching the whole scenario. Laurence was sympathetic to Malachi saying he would stay behind with the boy if they couldn't find a way to get him free. Dante on the other hand suggested that they go and look around the field for a church or a monk. Y/n agreed saying she would leave to go and find a monk or priest.

"Looks like we're heading out to find a Monk or a Priest," Dante said getting up from under the tree he was sitting under.

"Who's this 'we', huh?" Laurence questioned as Garroth walked over to the group.

"Well if Y/n is going then it's only fair one of us stay behind to me with Malachi" Dante suggested.

"Hm, are you a guard?" Garroth asked Dante.

"Yes sir. I'm a new guard fresh out of training, I'm Dante"

"Pleasure to meet you, Dante. I'm Garroth and this here is Laurence. We are guards-" Garroth was cut off as Dante spoke.

"Wait, those names...you guys were at the top of your class for your year. You both made the successor list, that if a Jury of Nine happened to all you would be qualified to replace them"

"Hey! About time someone recognized us! Garroth, I didn't know you made that list too — that means you're strong. We should spare some time!"

"I'd love to someday Laurence, but let's not let Dante here slide. Dante, I realize you are a new guar, but why are you dual wielding? Shouldn't you have a shield sword combo?"

"Y'all we are kind of on a tight schedule. While I love that you're finally getting along we still have Logan to go and save" Y/n urged

"Agreed. Dante, Garroth, Aphmau, you three head in separate directions and see what you can find within a few miles. If nothing then report back here. The worst case scenario I'll stay behind with Malachi while you guys rescue this Logan" Laurence said.

With that, everyone headed their separate ways. While Y/n went to go and get her horse Garroth and Dante had already left the area. She quickly threw herself onto the horse and trotted to the front gates. She said goodbye to Malachi and headed south as Laurence told her to.

The snow was heavier in the area she was in making it hard to see. She and her horse had encountered about 7 werewolves in the past hour which was more than tiring. She quietly led her horse to a mountain in the distance trying to see if she would be able to see anything from there. A werewolf ended up starling her horse which sent her flying.

Now horseless Y/n faced the giant werewolf taking him down with a single slash of her axe. She whined as she felt her sore side. First, it was Malachi throwing her on the floor, and now this. She coughed into her arm and she climbed the mountain. Her horse would probably be heading back to the castle by now.