Chapter Twenty-Five

Y/n had gotten up from her spot in the grass and quickly descended the mountain the werewolf village was in. She hopped over the small river and called out Donna's name. Said girl quickly turned and threw herself into the younger girl's arms. Y/n held the girl as she questioned her on why she was there. 

"Donna?! What happened? Are you okay?" Y/n asked as she looked the girl up and down.

"It was terrible Y/n...We were taken hostage...and Logan" Just the mention of her husband's name brought tears to her eyes. 

Y/n patted the girl's back as she brought her closer. "It's not safe here, we need to get to the wolf village behind the gate"

"The wolf village?! Are you crazy?" Donna said as she followed the girl.

Y/n motioned the boy to follow along as they walked "Yes, Just trust me"

Donna sighed looking the girl in the eyes before nodding her head. Y/n helped the country girl climb up the steep mountain she had slid down earlier. Once inside the village she waved to Kiva as she led Donna to the farmhouse she was staying in. The older girl was beyond nervous as she looked around the village. 

Once she made sure Donna and the boy were fine in the house she told Kiva she would that she would check on Kiki soon. Walking inside the farmhouse Y/n made sure to close the door behind her as she sat next to Donna. The two had made themselves at home sitting at the little table in the corner of the house.

Sitting down Y/ could sense the tense atmosphere between the two as they looked at her. Sighing Y/n offered Donna and the boy some water waiting for one of them to speak. When she didn't receive any response she turned to Donna with a serious but caring expression.

"What happened to you and Logan, Donna?"

The older lady sighed picking at her finger before she spoke "...As you know we were on our honeymoon. One night when Logan transformed into his werewolf form he...he had a great sadness come over him. He questioned his humanity, his curse, even if he was good enough to wed me"

"I remember my sister telling me about that"

"...I heavily suggested that for the remainder of our honeymoon trip we go together on a pilgrimage to discover more about his new heritage. We did so but then one night Logan got the urge actually to talk to his kind. When we approached the tribe we were very comfortable with all the knowledge that we had discovered but then.."

"Then..?"

"They weren't the same kind of wolves as Logan. They took us, prisoner, for goodness knows how long — we were captive underground so we couldn't tell time. That's where we met Dante here, he was helping us survive there. Then they finally let us go when the high priest of O'khasis petitioned all humans on his behalf to be released" Donna took a deep breath before continuing on "Thankfully the werewolves complied but they kept Logan!"

Donna started to full-on sob from that point on. She called out for her husband despite knowing that he wasn't going to be coming back. All Y/n could do was offer her some tissues while she talked with Dante to see his side of what had happened. 

"Lovely to meet you lady Y/n. As Donna said earlier my name is Dante" He said shaking Y/n's hand.

"Same to you. Now before I go out to get Logan is he hurt?"

"I can't say. He fought bravely to protect Donna I'll say that much"

"Are you a guard? You seem very young to be one"

"You are right about that" Dante flashed her a smile "I just left training and am seeking a village to call my home. It was what I was trying to do until I stumbled into the wrong village. I shall go back for Logan soon I swear to it"