Chapter Eight

Y/n opened her eyes and was instantly blinded by the bright lights in the room. She grumbled rubbing her eyes and looked around the room. She made eye contact with Zoey who had just put Levin down in his high chair. The elf instantly rushed her way over to the girl telling her that she had been asleep for a whole day.

"Thank Irene you're okay Y/n! You were running such a high fever earlier. Everyone was worried!" Y/n blinked at the elf.

It's not the first time something like this has happened to her, so why was everyone worried? She nonetheless thanked the worrying woman saying that she was feeling much better than she was the other day. Zoey didn't seem to believe the girl's words telling her to take it slow today.

"Be more considerate of yourself next time. You're a very important person in the village"

Y/n nodded at Zoey's words sitting up from the bed and going to clean herself up. If the girl were, to be honest, she smelt worse than death itself. She quickly changed her clothes to a simple tank top and pair of shorts seeing as it was blistering outside.

Walking back into the room Y/n ate the simple breakfast Zoey had cooked up for her. She watched as Levin munched on his crackers with a big goofy smile on his face. Making a silly face she watched as Levin let out a high-pitched giggle. Zoey smiled at the scene before turning towards Y/n.

"The music box you got plays beautiful music. Levin fell asleep instantly when I played it for him"

"It does sound beautiful," Y/n said remembering when she had listened to the tune while on her way back home.

Kanna's happy chirping was heard as the door to the nursery opened. Aphmau soon stepped into the room to check in on her sister and Levin. Levin excited to see Aphmau started to clap his hands together which earned a smile from the older sister. She turned towards where Y/n was a smile broke out on her face. She embraced her sister pulling back to place her hand on her forehead.

"You're finally awake! How are you feeling? Your fever had gone"

"I'm feeling fine Aph. Sorry for scaring you and everyone else"

"As long as you're okay now. I was going to go see Laurence at the docks. I know how you don't like to sit still so you're free to join me"

Y/n nodded at her sister's question grabbing her bag which was right next to the side of her bed. She followed her sister outside of the house and took a deep breath of air. It felt nice to be out of the house, even if she had just been inside for a few minutes. Aphmau smiled at her sister telling her the big news she had missed out on. Apparently, Donna and Logan were now engaged and Donna had made Aphmau her maid of honor.

Maybe this wedding would help Y/n take her mind off things and give her time to relax. Walking down to the docks Y/n was greeted with the sight of Kiki ad Donna hiding behind some trees watching Laurence. Aphmau went to go and talk to the two girls telling them to stop gushing about the red-headed knight.

Looking down at the dock Y/n made eye contact with Laurence and smiled. She unknowingly picked up her pace as she approached the knight. Laurence ran over to her as soon as she was close enough. He grinned picking her up in a hug and spinning her around. The audible groans of both Kiki and Donna were heard as they watched the scene.

"Y/n you had me so worried. Don't scare me like that again, Cadenza would kill me if anything happened to you"

"Sorry for the scare but can you put me down" Laurence laugh a little and placed her back down on her feet. "Can't believe I worried you so lover boy" Y/n teased.

"Ah, my sweet, I see nothing can deter you from being yourself. Are you sure you want to deal again? I've improved since last time"

"Last time was a hot mess for you my dear, we all know who the real smooth talker is here"