Chapter Six

It'd been about two days since Aphmau had left the village to go and everything was going fine. Y/n had assumed Aphmau's position of being the Lord and would constantly help when she could. Levin was an absolute dear the whole time laughing and playing with the other babies in the village. Y/n had even made a little park in the village for all the kids to enjoy.

Garroth and Y/n were currently outside Aphmau's house discussing how they were going to deal with the influx of new people coming to the village. Y/n had already started building more houses for these people but one of the problems they were having at the moment was giving these people places to work. They were trying to think of jobs these people could have so the village could make money. Y/n suggested the idea of making a bakery seeing as the village didn't have one. It would not only feed the people, but it would also help the village's surplus of crops. The village had a surplus of wheat which some could easily turn into bread. But now that they would build a bakery they would have more food being made and would make it easier for villagers who didn't necessarily know how to cook. Garroth agreed with the idea.

Before Y/n could suggest anything else their conversation was cut short due to Kanna dropping by. She had a letter attached to one of her claws. Y/n unwrapped the letter from the bird's claw opening it up. Garroth leaned in to read over the girl's shoulder.

'Hey, Y/n,
                   So something weird happened while I was traveling. I stumbled across this village and saw this huge crime scene and asked a little too many questions....would it be a problem for you to come bail me out of jail?
~Aphmau'

Y/n laughed her ass off as she read the letter. Who other than Aphmau would get arrested for asking too many questions. Garroth seemed more concerned rather than amused telling the girl to stop laughing about such a serious matter. Y/n waved the man off saying how she was going to prepare a boat for the two of them and for him to pack some things. Garroth nodded running off to pack a bag for the trip. Y/n laughed at the man heading inside the house to go and say goodbye to Levin. Zoey was in the basement cradling the little babe. Levin's attention turned to Y/n as she opened the door making grabby hand motions towards her. Y/n smiled taking him from Zoey with a smile.

"I and Garroth are going to be gone for the rest of the day. Aphmau went off and got herself arrested. You wouldn't mind watching over Levin, would you?"Zoey was quick to answer.

"Of course not! How did lady Aphmau even manage to do such a thing"

"From what she sent the investigator said she was asking too many questions, and he found it suspicious so he detained her" Zoey giggled at Aphmau's silly behavior.

"Be sure to stay safe on your journey I'll make sure Levin stays in good health"

"Thank you, Zoey, I'll see you soon" Y/n soon left the house making her way down the hill and towards the dock. She got her and Garroths boats together and waited for him at the docks. He arrived soon after and they set off on their way toward the Neopolitan village.

⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙⁺˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚⁺‧͙

It was nighttime when they finally reached the village. One of the guards escorted them downstairs to where the prisoners were kept. Y/n thanked the kind guard for leading them before heading down to the prison. Upon arriving downstairs Y/n was shocked to see a familiar face.

"Laurence? What are you doing here? I haven't seen you in ages"

"My love! is that really you? You look even more beautiful than when I saw you last" Garroth gave the man a look of disgust as he spoke. Did he talk to every woman like this?