Chapter Thrity-Two

Y/n stared up at the wooden ceiling in her room waiting for Garroth to call. She had finished talking to Amethyst a while ago and was getting a little impatient. Finally, Y/n felt her amulet buzz.

"Are you ready Y/n?" Garroth asked

"Yup!" Y/n emphasized.

"Good now here's the plan. I must say before I explain this was all Laurence's idea, he suggested we throw eggs at the guards to get their attention. With all three of us doing this we'll not only different directions but get the guards away from the hotel doors"

"That's the most ridiculous plan ever" Y/n laughed.

"It's the best we got!" Y/n heard Laurence whisper yell.

"While I do agree, it's the only plan that won't get us hunted down in the process"Garroth explained.

"Alright sounds good, good luck you guys"

"And to you too my lady"

Walking out of her room Y/n walked to the lobby of the hotel. Taking a seat in front of the windows Y/n sat and waited for the guards to move. Looking around the area Y/n was quick to spot Laurence hiding behind one of the trees. Laurence carefully hid taking what she assumed were eggs out of his pocket.

Y/n scooted closer to the window as she watched the scene unfold. Laurence took about two eggs in his hands and chucked them at the guards in front of the hotel doors. The guards were quick to wake up and shout chasing after Laurence. Y/n laughed before walking over to the hotel doors. 

Quickly peaking outside she checked to make sure that the coast was clear before sneaking out. Y/n was light with her steps as she arrived at the well. The old things stood sternly above her as she checked the area for anything that could help her. Just when she was about to hop down in the well she spotted a button on the top.

Jumping up to reach the button she gave it a quick tap. The water which was inside the well slowly disappeared leaving only enough for someone to jump down into. Y/n silently cried at the thought of getting her clothes wet in this weather but she sucked it up before jumping. A splash was heard as she landed in the shallow water.

Getting up from the puddle Y/n made her way through the well system. The whole area was made out of stone and almost every step she took on the stone was slippery. There were four ways of water connected to the center of the system, where Y/n stood. Looking around Y/n spotted a sign next to the button that read:

'Be Sure To Refill The Well Guards!' 

Y/n quickly tapped the button as she heard the sound of water filling up the well's entrance. Looking at the pathways Y/n decided to go left which was covered in darkness. A little darkness never hurt anyone, as long as a rat didn't run across. The pathway soon ended and Y/n was left with two options to go left or right.

Looking down both ways Y/n decided to go right as she heard the faint cracking sound of fire. Y/n traced the stone walls as she moved down the hall. She had slipped into the water at one point completely soaking herself. The girl tiredly picked herself up as she clung to the wall trying not to fall back into the water. 

The hall ended once more with a turn to the right. Looking down the new hall Y/n saw a faint light coming from the end of the hall. Walking towards it the sound of fire became more prominent. Arriving at the end of the hall there was a staircase leading further down into the well system. Walking down the stairs Y/n looked down the hall which led to an open room. 

The room was covered head to toe in obsidian. Fire lit most of the wall making the room feel like a sauna. Walking into the room Y/n was quick to spot Lord Burt. Rushing over to the lord Y/n quickly checked his vitals making sure he was still alive. The man did not wake up however, it seemed that he was in a coma.