Chapter Twenty-Four

Nicole had left early in the morning saying that she was going to look for another way out of the caves. Y/n had told her she would go along but Nicole insisted that she stay in the house wanting to repay her for finding Roxy. Y/n agreed and stayed in the house watching Kiki as she waited for Nicole to come back.

While she was out she started to look through her books to see if there was anything about the pendant Zane had given Kiki. So far she had no such luck and she had gone over at least 3 books by now. She sighed as she heard Kiki mumble out in her sleep. She kept whispering about Boldolf and it was putting Y/n a little on edge. 

Just as she was about to go and look for Nicole herself she heard the door to the caves being opened. Walking towards them she spotted Nicole and Roxy. Nicole quickly rushed over to her telling her the way out. They were able to find and new way but it was covered by O'khasis guards.

"This really sucks" Y/n facepalmed.

"Wait...do you think, that maybe" Nicole walked over to the ladder she had used yesterday. "Maybe after they saw you and Kiki weren't in there anymore they decided to go check the wilderness"

Y/n gasped as she quickly climbed the ladder she listened through the bedrock trying to see if there were any in the house. Sadly there were as she heard their angry fumbling above her. Not wanting to be heard she slid down the ladder and made her way back over to Nicole. The girl had a hopeful expression on her face but that soon fell.

"They're still there aren't they?"

"Yep," Nicole groaned covering her face.

"Darn it! Hm, we don't have much of a choice then do we? We have to sneak out of the exit Roxy and I found"

"I mean I'm not so bad at fighting, we could just fight our way through"

"As much as I would be honored to fight by your side I have a better idea"

"That being?"

"We use disguises"

"I've never done that before, but how are we going to get some?"

"Leave that to me" Nicole proudly huffed "I've been on the run from my father for a long time. I'm sure I have some leftover hair dye and clothes somewhere" Nicole said looking around her room.

"We could even curl/straighten my hair!" Y/n said as she went to get some products.

"You seem rather excited about this" Nicole said as she pulled out a heap of clothes. 

"Who wouldn't be a new look is always exciting"

"I like your attitude" Nicole laughed.

Nicole pulled a chair to the middle of the room asking Y/n to take a seat while she got everything organized. The grey-eyed girl had a whole collection of hair dyes. Y/n swore it was the whole rainbow. She Y/n the dyes she asked her to pick a color. It was between blue and a dark grey but they ended up going with the grey. 

Nicole happily got to work with that in mind. She first cut/put extension into her hair and from there dyed it. It took a while for that to set in. the color was absolutely gorgeous though. From there Nicole curled/straighten her hair putting it into a style she was not used to. After she was done with that she handed a mirror over to Y/n asking how she did.

Y/n was in shock if she were, to be honest, Nicole should be a stylist cause this was good. they would need to work on Kiki's hair next seeing as they couldn't just magically hide the girl. They would only be making it a duller red cause her red hair wouldn't hold pigment that well. Y/n had woken Kiki up at one point and got permission for it.