Chapter Twenty-Eight

It was early the next morning when Y/n had stopped her studying and stepped outside to get some fresh air. The snow softly fell from the sky landing on top of her and the surrounding area. She had taken a seat in front of the castle gates looking out towards the winter land. So much had consumed the girl's thoughts as she mindlessly stared off into the distance.

She wished Kanna were here at the moment seeing as her bird companion always brought her spirits up. There was so much she had yet to tell everyone. Sooner or later she would have to tell Garroth of Kiki's predicament. She also knew at some point she would have to tell everyone what Zane's potion actually did to her, but she wanted to keep that hidden for now.

Y/n turned her attention behind her as she heard approaching steps. Garroth had come out into the snow taking a seat beside the girl. He realized she had been out in the cold for a little too long and wanted to check up on her. If Y/n were, to be honest, Garroth was like an older brother to her. He was always there to check up on her and always knew the right words to say. 

"It's late" He started off with. "We only have a few hours before we need to depart to the Eastern Wolf village. Is something on your mind"

"There's a whole lot on my mind" Y/n smiled.

"I'm always here to listen Y/n. You know I haven't asked you about your trip with Kiki, how did that go?"

"Well...Have I told you what Zane did to me?" Garroth gave the girl a questioning look waiting for her to go on. "Well long story short he imprisoned me, tried to get me to marry him,  and threw me in the nether when I said no. When he asked me to marry him the first time it wasn't official but now it is, even though I'm literally a criminal." Y/n rambled on. "But, he had his guards hold me in Bright Port so they could send me towards him. A girl named Nicole ended up saving me and Kiki and we escaped to the werewolf village"

Garroth looked to be taking the whole thing in. It was about his younger brother so Y/n just gave him a few minutes to process it. "I'll make sure that won't happen. You should clear your head of worries"

"I don't have many worries seeing as I've escaped him before, but that was when I was alone. So tell me Garroth why did you run away from O'khasis?"

"For the same reasons as you"

"Oh really now" Laurence cut into the conversation. He leaned against the castle door as he gave Garrotha a disappointed look. "It's because Garroth's father the current Lord of O'khasis is now turning into a tyrant in his old age" Laurence started dead at Garroth as he spoke, "Isn't that right Garroth?"

"Laurence? I thought you were dead asleep" Garroth said trying to divert the conversation.

"You know as well as I do that a good guard sleeps with one eye open" Y/n stood up from her spot on the floor as she watched the two boys go at it "Now, tell me when were you going to let Y/n or even Aphmau know about this?"

"Know about what?!" Garroth questioned.

"Your father"

"It's none of their business- it doesn't affect-"

"Don't you dare say it doesn't affect them" Laurence cut Garroth off. "It's going to affect us all if we don't start doing something about it"

Garroth was silent as Laurence spoke. Y/n swore she could see the tension in the room rise. Laurence spoke passionately with his words while Garroth just stood in shocked silence. This wasn't going to go well and Y/n was getting ready to step in. 

"Wake up Garroth!" Laurence shouted. "They're forcing an alliance of villages. How long before O'khasis will convince that alliance to make them overseer, then an actual monarchy?"