Chapter 2

The throbbing pain in the back of my head made my eyes flutter open. Whatever that ass hit me with, hurt like hell.

Opening my eyes, my vision was blurry but I could still see that I was tied up and in some sort of cell. The iron bars were open though. I guess they didn't think I was much of a threat.

"Hey, you're awake." Glancing over I saw a young boy, who had to be at least twelve or maybe a little older.

"Yeah." I muttered, as my hands fidgeted trying to get the rope loose.

"You've been out awhile." He smiled. What is with this kid, I could be some deranged serial killer and he's sitting here talking to me like I'm the nicest person on earth.

"Well that's what happens when you get knocked over the head with something." Rolling my eyes, I continued trying to get my hands loose. Making sure I wasn't moving too much.

"Can I ask? How did you get that scar? It's kinda cool." He asked, pointing to the long scar running down my cheek.

"I asked one too many questions." I grinned, watching as he backed up slowly.

"Mom!" Smirking I watched as he ran out of the cell as fast as he could.

Within a few minutes a women came storming into the cell. Her hands placed on her hips. God she was pregnant too! What kind of person would have a baby in this cruel world? It's basically a death sentence.

"What did you say to my son?" She angrily shouted. Really she's getting angry at me; she's the one not watching her son.

"Well if you kept a better eye on him, you wouldn't need to know what I said." My eyes glared up at her.

"What's going on in here?" I watched the cop walk in, grabbing the women by the shoulders. Quickly he pushed her out of the cell, trying to defuse the situation.

I could hear them arguing out in the hall, when the one they called Daryl walked in. He had a bow strapped to his back, but I was surprised that he didn't have a gun aimed at me.

I watched as he leaned against the wall, his arms crossing over his chest. His eyes watched me, almost as if he was studying my movements.

After a few minutes the cop walked back in, his hands in his pockets.

"Look I'm sorry about what happened earlier. I never meant for you to get hurt." He apologized. I didn't say a word; I just kept my eyes on him.

"My name is Rick, Rick Grimes." He knelt down in front of me, trying to get more personal. He stayed there a few minutes waiting for an answer from me.

Giving a soft sigh, he lifted himself from the ground and started to walk out. What the hell, I might as well be nice. Maybe I'll be able to get out.