Chapter 10

"Stay here." Daryl shouted as he ran quickly down the guard tower. Leaving me alone, in the dark. The only light was from the fire burning in the tree lines a couple miles away.

By the looks of the fire, it was spreading pretty quickly too.

Picking up the rifle from the metal grating, I started my way down the stairs. Stumbling on several steps, I slung the rifle onto my back and my hands were free to grip onto the metal railing.

Finally reaching the door I pushed it open, hearing the noise from the walkers get louder. Gazing at the fence I noticed that the number of walkers was significantly less than earlier. Obviously the crash was big enough to grab the attention of the stupid ones. I'm glad it did, because it will make it easier getting out of the prison. But getting to that helicopter will be a whole other story. Any walker with in a few miles will be heading that direction.

"Hadley! What happened." Turning I saw Rick, Shane, Glenn and Merle running towards me. Their feet crushing the gravel underneath them leaving them engulfed in a dust cloud.

"There was a helicopter." I pointed off in the distance, to where the fire was visible. "It was flying low, an it crashed over there."

"What kind of copter was it?" Shane asked as he loaded his hand gun up.

"It didn't look civilian, or news. It could be military, but it was dark." Shaking my head, I tried to remember what it looked like. There were no numbers, or writing on the doors. So military seemed like a plausible idea.

"If there are survivors we should probably go." Rick motioned his hands and the guys started following him.

Go? No, no way am I letting them go now... in the dark. They'd be tripping over themselves like idiots. Not to mention, didn't he see the fire? No one would be alive for very long in that.

"Rick I don't think it's a good idea. Not at night, walkers could be anywhere and you'd never see them." I yelled. Quickening my pace to try to catch up with him.

"We'll be fine Hadley." He said, not even turning back to look at me.

Yeah fine. I wouldn't believe that even if god jumped out from behind a bush and told me that himself.

"Ye heard the man sugar tits, we'll be fine." Just hearing his voice made me want to turn and punch him in the face. When his hand fell on my shoulder, that was the final straw with him.

Grabbing hold of his hand, I yank it as hard as I could. Sending him in front of me, only to kick him in the stomach with my boot. When his back was on the dusty gravel road, I placed a foot onto his chest. I didn't care that the guys had stopped and Shane was headed my way to pull me off him. I need to do this, to prove I wasn't some girl he could fuck with.

"If you fucking touch me again, I'll cut your hand off." My eyes burned into his, as I watched as an amused smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

"That's enough killer." Shane picked me up by the waist, pulling me off of Merle's body. He was lucky people were here or I would have kicked the shit out of him.

Holding me up off the ground, I watched Merle get to his feet. Dusting his pants off, he gave a small chuckle.

"That be one cold day in hell sweetheart." He grinned at me before turning around and walking ahead of the group.

"Are you calm? Or do I need to hold you more?" Shane whispered into my ear. He did it cause Glenn and Rick were still watching us carefully.

"Put me down." I muttered.

Once my feet hit the ground, the guys turned back around. Heading back to where they were going before my little incident with Merle.

That's when I heard the engine of a motorcycle. Panning the darkened prison yard, I tried to see where the noise was coming from. That's when I saw the lone head light coming down the driveway.