Chapter 14

Digging my fingers into the dirt, I watched the ground. My eyes focusing, my thoughts racing. Just how they used too. When I had to fight for my life.

"Fight me like a man." I angrily spat. Trying my best to ignore the pain in my side, that was continually getting worse. "If you do this, they'll all call you a cowered." I yelled again, my voice rugged.

"Fine have it your way, either way you're going to die." Hearing the smirk in his voice, I quickly pulled myself to my feet.

Spinning to face the man I saw that he was wearing a helmet and protective clothing. Unlike me, who just had a chest plate that covered only the front an back of my chest. Leaving the rest of my body exposed.

"You think you can kill me?" I asked, a smug smile tugging at the corner of my lips. I was trying to get my confidence up, trying to make sure I could kill this guy and get out of this place in one piece.

"I could kill you in my sleep." He smiled as he started to walk.

Making sure each of my steps stayed in the tiny circle I walked in the opposite direction of him. My eyes panning the small area for anything I could use to defend myself. But making sure it looked like I was watching him, so he couldn't make any sudden movements.

"That's great, cause I really don't care." My voice confident, as I finally found a weapon. Lucky for me, it was in between two walkers. Laying in the dirt, just waiting for me to take it.

"You should." He said, getting bored of this cat and mouse game.

But I kept walking until I was directly in front of the weapon. That's when I stopped moving, hearing the walkers from behind me groan out in frustration as they desperately tried to grab me.

"We'll maybe you should pay more attention to your opponent rather then talking." I gave a little wave with my fingers, before I lunged backwards.

My body spinning in the process, I managed to pass the walkers on both sides of the weapon. Their hands frantically reaching for me as I bent over picking up the weapon, before running out of the circle.

My heart was racing but I couldn't believe what I had in my hands. The blade glimmered under the bright flood lights that lit up the area. My reflection showing in it, reminding me of the monster you have to be in this world to survive.

I realized how soft I actually became staying with Rick and his group. That my feelings for Daryl actually softened my hard exterior to the point where I wasn't a ruthless monster, only looking out for myself anymore.

Gripping the handle of the machete tightly I ran back past the walkers and into the circle again. The man watched with wide eyes and I held the machete up, showing everyone what I now had. They seemed to enjoy it, cause their cheers got louder.

"Give up yet?" I smirked, my body leaning over. My hands resting on my knees as I watched him pace in front of me. The bat swinging in his hand freely, as he thought about what he should do.

"Nah." Shaking his head, he charged me. His bat swinging in front of him.

Stepping to the side I missed getting hit in the head with the wire covered bat. But that didn't stop him from tackling me to the ground.

My back hit the dirt and a puff of smokey air engulfed us as we wrestled. He was heavier and his body weight was slowing me down significantly.

Letting out a low growl, I fought with him. My one hand gripped onto his bat preventing him from bashing my head in. My other hand still holding on tight to the machete, waiting for the right opportunity to use it. His armor was to thick and the machete would do little damage to the stuff he was wearing.