Chapter 37

Please read Author note at the end! Figured its been a while and I'd let you guys read before I spill for you!!

Please enjoy!!!!

-----------

I stared up at Daryl for what felt like an eternity. His eyes were burning into mine as I tried to ignore the lights beaming around inside of the car. Every time I'd move my head, trying to maneuver myself into a position I could see out of the rear view mirror he'd stop me. Gripping my chin with his calloused fingers, tipping it back in his direction.

I know he was trying to keep my focused off the impending situation. But I couldn't help but want to look, try to get my bearings and see who these people really are. Because if it was the governor I wanted to know how much time I had left breathing. Knowing him, he'd have me dead within seconds of laying his eye on me.

"Hello?" A rather rough voice quietly shouted out.

It wasn't the governor, but we weren't stupid enough to put our heads up either. Shane and Merle both shifted in the front seats, allowing them to grab ahold of their weapons.

"We don't mean any harm, we just saw you speed down the highway pretty fast. Wondering if everything's alright?" The voice called again. They were closer this time though. I could hear a couple sets of foot steps tromping around in the grass. They weren't strategic and calculated, they were sloppy and let me know that this was definitely not the governor or his men.

If it was, they got really good at acting like a bunch of idiotic goons, instead of calculated killers.

Just then I heard the car door open behind my head. Blinding light filling the back seat, as Daryl shifted me under him further. His hand reached back, gripping the handle of his knife he expertly tucked into his back pocket.

"Is she hurt?" A female voice sound out, but I couldn't see anyone. The light was blurring my vision and I was looking at everything upside down.

In the process Merle had enough of the talking and finally opened his door. Standing up straight with a look that could kill. Shane followed suit, stepping out of his side and standing on the door frame. Allowing him to get a better advantage.

"She ain't your business." Merle aggressively said. "But ye can put those lights down. We ain't need walkers on our asses now." He snapped and almost instantly the lights lowered.

Daryl crawled over top of me and climbed out of the car, standing next to his brother. With out looking back he reached his arm out for me to grab. He didn't want me alone in the car.

"Like I said, we don't mean any harm." When I found myself next to Daryl that's when I noticed who was actually talking.

Huge would probably be an understatement, but the guy standing before us was all muscle. His head covered with a winter hat, that brought attention to his face. Behind him stood two girls and another man.

"Yeah, we hear that a lot." Daryl snapped. His hand sliding down my arm and lacing our fingers together. "Ain't mean shit."

Noticing the hostile vibes that the guys were giving him, he quickly dropped his weapon to the ground. Motioning to the people behind him to do the same. Both women didn't even think as they dropped their bats to the ground. The other man on the other hand wasn't so reluctant, he still had a firm grip on his gun.

"Why are you dropping your weapon Tyreese?" The said through gritted teeth, looking at the black man who had his hands raised in defense.

"Because we aren't here to hurt them Chris." Tyreese kept his words short and sweet. But hidden in his voice I could hear the harshness. Like he was about five seconds away from breaking the kid in half.