Chapter 27

You know this shouldn't have come as a surprise, given my track record. I'm mean, I think I've been through every possible bad, dangerous, life threatening and ridiculous situation that the world has to offer. I must have walked under a ladder or broken a large quantity of mirrors or even crossed paths with some giant mutation that resembled a black cat in order to receive the kind of luck I have. But either way I was staring down the mouth of a flesh hungry walker... again.

My screams were inaudible as my body was being dragged out of the car window. The material of my shirt rubbing across the edge of the window as my body was bending backwards, making everything in my current line of sight upside down. Plus given the fact my arm was in a sling I couldn't even hold onto the door to at least try and put up some kind of fight.

So I did the only thing I could think off.

Turning my lower body I slammed my feet against the back seat of the car. Trying to give me some leverage as I kept myself from being pulled completely out the window.

"Daryl!" I yelled again, my voice hoarse as the adrenaline in my body started working.

"I gotcha'." He shouted and out of the corner of my eye he quickly crawled into the back seat.

I managed to keep the walker in front of me at bay, using my free arm to push him away. It's was a useless effort cause he just stumble back a few steps then start towards me again.

Feeling Daryl's fingers grip onto the material of my shirt he tugged me back into the car with one swift movement. Ripping me right out of the walkers rotting hands.

When my eyes met his, I breathed out a heavy breath. His hands hovering over my body as he searched for any injuries. Thankfully I wasn't a meal for yet another walker today.

"Can we stop trying to kill Hadley off..." I breathed out again, pushing Daryl and myself over in the back seat. Getting as far away from the open window that we possibly could.

I kept myself pressed against Daryl's body as I turned my head to look in the direction of the window. Given the fact the car was out of gas, there was no way we could roll up the window. The power was out... So walkers continued their desperate attempts to get to us. Flinging their filthy hands all about through the open window.

"This is fucking fantastic." Shane muttered as he shoved his pistol back into his pants. Eyeing use through the rear view mirror as he did so.

"This was your idea, remember." Rolling my eyes, I took a deep breath composing myself. Slowly feeling my heart rate to return to normal. This was not the time to get emotional. This was a time to turn off all your fears and just focus on the getting out of this alive.

"You better watch your mouth, or you'll be out there with them." Spinning around in his seat Shane spat at me. Hostility and rage in his darkening eyes.

"I'd rather be out there with them, then in here with you." Leaning forward I challenged him with my words. Knowing I was playing with fire.

"Then get out of my car." He hissed, using his finger to aggressively point towards the door.

"Had." Daryl quietly whispered to me, causing me to look in his direction. "Whatcha doin'?" His eyes turned down in confusion as he tried to read me.

"Trust me..." I said low. Despite breaking his trust once before he just gave a simple nod of the head.

Shaking my head, I turned around in the seat. Pressing my stomach against the cushion as I reached over the head rests and into the trunk of the car. Thankfully I could excess the trunk from the seats or this wouldn't have worked out well.