Chapter 35

Ok first off please read this!!! I really want to thank on of my friends and fans, roselovejoyfanfic! First off she is an awesome fan and friend. Secondly she made me this super awesome trailer for epidemic!!!! Which is posted over there ======> please check it out!! It's fricking amazing!!!!!!

----------

Relaxing my body, I waited for the hand to remove from my mouth. I wasn't going to scream, there was no point. Daryl and Merle wouldn't hear it because they were inside the armory. Not to mention that it was ungodly quiet around here and that always made me nervous. When its quiet there's always a good reason. Whether it was because there was a zombie horde nearby or another group of people. Either way, those were two things I didn't want to deal with.

"If you scream I swear I'll knock you out." He said, and I just nodded my head.

After a few moments of his hand not moving I was wondering if he changed his mind. Or maybe he saw something that caught his attention. But then out of nowhere his hand pulled away.

"What the fuck Shane? I thought you, what about the hospital?" I spun around to face him. My words a jumbled mess as I tried to focus my thoughts.

The last time I saw him, he was in the hospital and he didn't look that good. That bitch did something to him and when we tried to get out he stayed behind to give Daryl and I a way out. If it wasn't for him.... I'm not sure what would have happened.

"All you need to know is that I managed to escape." He ran a hand over his head, that appeared to be freshly shaven. But when his eyes locked on mine, I think my heart stopped.

To my surprise his eyes were no longer their normal color. Instead they held the same amber color mine where, with red streaks running through the irises. Was he immune like I am? Did that women really create some kind of cure? Some why to fix what happened?He took note of my sudden silence and shut his eyes.

"It's not the same Hadley, if that's what you're thinking." He spoke and re opened his eyes. Answering my unspoken answer.

"But your eyes Shane? They match mine." I added, and used my finger to point at my own.

"Listen, I'd love to tell you all about this, but now isn't exactly the best time." He dropped his voice and pulled me around the back of the truck. "You need to get out of here, and now."

Furrowing my eye brows I gave him a confused look. Unsure of what the hell he was talking about. If he thought I was going to leave this ammo behind, he was crazier then I thought. But when I opened my mouth to speak my opinion. He just held his hand up, silencing me instantly.

"No, we need to get in that car and go." He shook his head quickly. "The governor is still alive and setting up shop here."

Did I just hear him correctly? The governor... He's here, right at this very moment? Still walking around, with a pulse and probably consumed with enough anger to kill us on the spot if he found us.

"T-The g-governor?" I stumbled over my words again. My body instantly beginning to tremble with just the thought of him find me, Daryl or Merle.

"Did I stutter?" He narrowed his eyes, telling me he was dead serious. "He's been patrolling the city for awhile. Has his men out, looking for a girl that fits your fucking description perfectly."

"How the hell do you know this?" I whispered, shock riddling my voice. "It's not like you'd be able to get with in a hundred feet of the guy with out him knowing."

"You're right, I haven't seen him personally." Shane placed his hands on the band of his pants. Giving me a look that told me he didn't like that I was questioning him. "But his people have big mouths. When I got out of the hospital I tried to find you guys but ended up here." He clarified. "When I entered the city there were groups of people searching, an I wasn't stupid to go introduce myself. So I followed them, and that's what they were talking about."