Chapter 4

Riding on the back of a motorcycle was always a dream of mine. With my arms wrapped around a nice looking guy, preferably a guy who put me on the back by choice.

Now in the world today, I'd rather be the one driving. Firstly it's safer because you can see what's coming. Secondly, I like being in control. When you leave someone else in control, you put your life in their hands and those situations never end up well.

"We are almost to the city limits." I shouted to Daryl, we were driving fast down the highway. So fast it was hard to hear anything.

Lifting a hand he signaled that he heard what I said. After a few feet he slowed down to a slow roll. Giving Rick time to pull up alongside of us.

"The south entrance is down the next road. But I suggest we walk, I don't want to chance any walkers hearing the motors." I said, getting off the back of Daryl's bike.

Rick nodded his head and turned off the car. Stepping out he hurried around back to the trunk.

"Weapons, do you think we'll need any?" He asks.

"Of course we'll need them." A guy angrily spat as he shoved me out of the way trying to get to Rick.

Stumbling back I hit the edge of Daryl's bike sending me straight to the ground. Holding back my tongue I dusted off my pants before standing up.

"Ass hole." I muttered under my breath as I turned towards Daryl. "I'm assuming that's Shane?" I asked, hiking a finger in his direction.

"Yup." Daryl nodded as he got some of his arrows ready.

Shaking my head, I spun on my heel towards them. Glenn was staying out of it, because from here it looked like Shane and Rick were about ready to kill each other.

"Shut up both of you." I gritted. "If you two go in there half cocked, like you are now you'll get us all killed." I shoved a finger at both of them. "This isn't the time or the place to decide who has the bigger balls. That world is long gone if you haven't noticed. If you want to survive you work as a team." Reaching into the trunk I grab my pistol, quickly shoving it into my thigh strap. I also grabbed my cross bow slinging it over my shoulder.

"Rick you letting this... Girl run this mission." Shane shook his head in disgust.

"Why do you have a problem with a girl in charge?" I shoved my face as close to his as I could get. His eyes held hostility and anger. He was easy to read which was the scary part.

"Not at all princess." He smirked pushing me aside to grab another gun.

Shaking my head I pushed past them and started down the road. My hand positioned on my pistol as my pace quickened. You can never be too sure what's lurking around. Living or dead, everything's dangerous.

Within a few seconds Daryl had caught up to me. His crossbow was positioned in his hand as we made our way closer to the city. He was quiet for most of the walk, his face emotionless every time I looked in his direction.

"Ye should be careful with Shane." He finally said his voice hushed so the guys behind us couldn't hear.

"Why? I'm not afraid of him." I rolled my eyes, not turning to talk to him.

"I know." Was all he said after that, leaving us in silence once again.

Our walk was a good twenty minutes before we hit the blockade. The road into the south entrance was fenced up, complete with barbed wire on top. I had no trouble getting over this, but I never tried it with a group.

I stood still as Rick and Shane paced back and forth looking over the fence. As Glenn and Daryl stood there keeping a watch for any walkers.

"How do you expect us to get in?" Shane shouted throwing his hands in the air. His rage filled eyes on me as he started to get closer.