Chapter 25

"You aren't seriously thinking we should leave her behind are you?" Hearing the familiar sound of Hershel's voice, woke me up.

Blinking away the sleep in my eyes I gazed at my surroundings. I was laying on the cold hard ground, with a blanket over top of me. The semi transparent material of a tent above me, letting light filter through.

"No I didn't say that." Andrea's voice spoke up now, answering Hershel.

"Good, cause there is no way she could last out there in her condition." He calmly stated.

I knew they were talking about me, and obviously people weren't happy I was back. Which I guess was ok, they had a right to think what they wanted.

"She ain't hurt that badly." Hearing footsteps fast approaching Shane quickly added his two sense.

"Did you even look at her? Her arm is badly broken, beyond anything I can fix. She has a dislocated shoulder, a massive cut to her face." Rattling off my injuries, I moved slowly and looked down at myself.

Lifting my left arm up slowly I noticed that it was held in place by a tattered piece of cloth. Acting as a sling, it kept my arm from moving. Around my forearm was two twigs, wrapped tight with some gauze. My other arm seem untouched, the gauze that Milton put on still in place.

"She's a member of this group Shane we aren't leaving anyone behind." This time I heard Ricks voice speak up. "We stick together."

I really didn't remember much of last night. I knew I rested against Rick as we stood there watching Woodbury slowly burn out. But after that, I couldn't even tell you how I got into this tent, let alone back to camp.

"Still can't believe that little girl in there, gone and torched that town!" Rolling my eyes, I covered my head with the blanket at Merle's voice. Frankly I didn't even understand why he was here.

"Shut up Merle!" Holding my breath I heard the one voice I wasn't expecting... Daryl's. "All y'all shut up 'bout her." He scuffled. Even from the tent I could hear how pissed he was.

He was probably still angry at me over the ID. But there wasn't anything I could do about it now. What's been done has been done, and if he doesn't trust me I have to live with it.

Hearing the voices outside the tent drop to a low hush, I figured they ended the talk for good. Thankfully after a few seconds the crunching of leaves, filled the air as they walked off in some direction. Probably back to the rest of the group.

That's when I heard the zipper on the tent being opened. Great! Is someone here to kick me out already?

Staying completely still, I closed my eyes shut and listened to someone crawl into the tent. The plastic material on the bottom ruffling as they stepped onto it. Once inside I heard the zipper again as they probably shut the tent back up.

Feeling the material of the tent crinkle beneath me, I knew who ever it was, was now laying down next to me. Their hot breath gently blowing against the skin of my face.

"What he do to ye?" Daryl finally spoke, addressing no one in particular. His hand sliding against my cheek, brushing some of my wild hair out of my face.

Giving up trying to pretend that I was asleep, I let my eyes open slowly. Finding his face extremely close to mine.

"Hi." I weakly muttered, as I searched his face. Looking for any kind of emotion he might have.

But as usual, Daryl just laid there with a hard expression. While he quickly withdrew his hand from my skin. Despite what happened between us, I felt a frown tug on my lips as he pulled away.