Chapter 16

A small moan left my lips as my eyes groggily opened. My vision was blurry as I let my eyes slowly wander the darken area. I had no idea where I was, or how I got here.

'Maybe this is heaven' I thought to myself as I slowly leaned up on my hands. Only to be greeted with the front end of a bow. The sharp metal tip of the arrow pushing against my forehead.

"This can't be heaven." I sighed and dropped my head down. Feeling the soft cushion against my body. "People in heaven are a lot nicer."

"Had?" Hearing the bow hit the ground with a loud clang, I looked up again to see Daryl hovering over my body.

His hands moving over me, not sure of where to put them. His face pulled up in shock.

"Nope still can't be heaven." I shook my head, being slightly assumed by Daryl face. "Daryl wouldn't look like this." A small smirk pulled at the corner of my lips.

Stopping what he was doing he sat down next to me, a smile tugging at his lips.

"You're alive?" He stated, as if he didn't believe it himself.

Closing my eyes, I tried to remember what happened. I knew I was fighting this with all I could as I heard Shane and Daryl arguing. Shane being very specific on how he wanted me dead. But as they fought, the pain in my body slowly subsided. Turning into a dull burning sensation.

From there I don't remember much of what happened. Just a few memories of me opening my eyes, looking up and seeing Daryl's face. His lips pulled into a hard line, his eyes slightly red. But everything else was a blur.

"Yeah." I furrowed my brow as I sat up. Finally seeing that I was back in my prison cell. The door shut and probably locked tight. "I'm alive." I breathed out.

"Don't scare me like that again Had." Gazing back at Daryl I saw him shaking his head, before his arms reached out and pulled me to him.

Wrapping my arms around his body, I rested my head on his chest. My body shaking slightly as I listened to his heart beat. Letting his hands wander across my back, I didn't move afraid that I'd wake up from this and I'd never see him again.

Because face it, what's the likely hood of this actually happening. That I lived through a walker bite and nothing happened. That be a very cold day in hell before I got that lucky. So I was just going along with this, cause it might be the last time I ever see Daryl.

"I won't." I mumbled against his shirt, breathing in his scent.

"I thought I was gonna have to kill ye. Ye were screaming so much Had." He said as his hands gently pulled my face up to look at him.

"I'm glad you didn't. Unless I'm dead and you're just part of my imagination." I gave a faint chuckle, because given my luck I'd bet on the last option.

"Had does this feel fake to ye?" He asked as he pulled my face to his, pushing his lips against mine.

Nope defiantly not my imagination, cause even in my dreams no kiss has ever been this good.

Feeling his lips, I just followed his lead. Letting my lips move against his as he tried to deepen the kiss. His tongue gently tracing my lower lip wanting me to grant him excess.

But I couldn't, so I slowly pulled away from him. My breathing heavy as I watched his face fall. Which only broke my heart even more.

"You shouldn't be touching me." I stood to my feet getting away from him. Realizing I could still be contagious. "I really should leave, it's to dangerous with me in the prison with everyone else." My hands gripped the metal bars as I looked out. There was a barred window across the way that was letting the morning light enter from the outside.