Chapter 20

20.

It's very late at night, and I haven't been able to sleep a minute.

I'm sitting downstairs watching a film, and my mind is everywhere except on the television screen.

I was worried about Harry. Just because I was completely annoyed with him doesn't mean I don't hope he's alright.

It's strange for him to stay out this late.

I shake my head, looking down at the floor- I need to stop worrying about him, he doesn't worry about me.

I see headlights shine through the window, and my heart began pounding through my chest.

I placed my tea in the sink, trying to be as subtle as possible and make it upstairs before he came in.

When the front door opened and there were footsteps into the kitchen, I knew it was too late to make it upstairs with out him seeing me. I take a big breath of air and let it out, relaxing myself and preparing for whatever he's going to say to me.

I turn around to be greeted by a very intoxicated Harry- he was sweating and his hair looked like a mess, he looked completely exhausted, and he couldn't walk in a straight line.

I roll my eyes at him. I don't need this now.

"Jules!" He yells quite loudly, making us both flinch from the volume.

I don't respond, just stand there with my arms crossed and an annoyed expression on my face.

He ventures closer to me, barely able to walk in general let alone to me.

"Oh right," he breathes out towards me, the smell of alcohol filling my nose, "you're mad at me." His tone was mocking, and he pointed his index finger at me and chuckled to himself.

"Well, let me tell you something." He was coming in and out of reality, I could tell because his eyes kept falling back into his head and closing.

I waited for him to continue, but we just stood there staring at each other.

It went on for a few minutes, and soon he began to look off into space, his eyebrows scrunched together.

"I was going to say something very smart, but I forget." He slurs out, his face leaning in closer as he almost falls on top of me.

I softly laugh, it really was comical to see him in this state.

He smiled once I began to laugh, and I decided it's time to go to bed.

"Alright, let's go Harry. We need to get you up to bed." I take his arm, wrapping it around my shoulder as we make our way up the stairs and into his room.

The whole entire time I was helping him upstairs he was rambling on about who knows what, it was the most random things you could think of.

The conversation went from his favorite color to what he wants for breakfast tomorrow in about 2.5 seconds.

I brought him to his bed and took his arm off of my shoulders to let him sit down.

"Aren't you going to help me undress?" He grins smugly, his eyes almost completely shut.

I laugh sarcastically, even when he's drunk he can be such a flirt.

"Go to bed Harry."

He lays down in bed, and I take off his shoes for him. He pulls the covers on top of himself, but continues to look at me as I walk towards the door.

"Jules?" I hear his voice softly call out before I leave the room.

"Yes?"

"Are you going to stay with me tonight?" He asks innocently, I couldn't see him but I could hear it in his voice. He wasn't smirking or trying to be a flirt.