Chapter 17

17.

I didn't give Niall enough time to say anything else. I ran down the stairs, almost tripping multiple times in the process, and grabbed Harry's keys.

Thankfully he hadn't taken his car, I don't know what I would have done if he had. Called a cab?

All that running and conditioning I've done has definitely paid off, I sprint to his car and drive away, hoping I'm able to make it to him in time.

My heart beats fast and my head is spinning, probably not a good idea for me to be driving right now. I can feel the blood rushing through me, it suddenly gets intensely hot in the car the more nervous I grow.

I'm grasping the steering wheel so tightly my knuckles turn white, and suddenly I feel like I'm going to be sick.

I try to relax, and slowly the feeling passes. Please tell me I'm not too late and he's alright.

Sadly I have a feeling everything isn't going to turn out okay.

-

"Niall?" My shaky voice calls out to the alleyway beside the club, where multiple people are standing around talking.

"I'm over here, Jules." He sounds exhausted- I close my eyes, trying to prepare myself for the bad news.

I wasn't doing a good job of calming down.

"Please tell me he's going to be okay." I plead, needing something- if there is anyone out there, please throw me a little rope.

"I don't know, he's in a pretty shakey condition. Louis is tending to him right now, he was beaten up by a gang, they did a number on him. A broken arm, multiple fractured ribs, a concussion-"

"Please." I state cutting him off, holding up my hand and closing my eyes while turning away. "Stop." I breath out, I couldn't hear anymore.

There's silence between us as we look at the ground.

"Is he conscious?" I wonder, taking a step towards Niall and pulling my jacket tighter around me, the cool breeze making me chilly.

"Not right now, Louis had a ton of medication at his place that he's loaded up on, he's completely out." I nod, biting my lip.

At least Louis is taking care of him, I trust him, and so does Harry. I don't think anyone else besides Louis should be helping him.

"He asked for you, once, but he needs his rest right now. You can see him soon, but he needs to sleep."

I smile, understanding. Niall returns it, placing a hand on my shoulder and giving it a comforting squeeze before walking back and continuing his conversation with the men.

I have no idea what I should do, or what I'm suppose to do.

The fact that Harry is on the verge of dying alone made me a mess, I was scared for him.

And I wanted to see him, now.

I quickly ran to the car and drove to Louis' house, where I was met at the door by Eleanor.

"El? Where is he? Is he alright?" I frantically bombard her with questions as she began to laugh at my behavior.

"Jules," she spoke quite loudly, grabbing my attention. "He's okay, Louis took him back to your house- he wanted to go home so he's working on him there." I groan, since he's not here. Thankfully Harry's place isn't far from Louis'.

But Louis is "working on him"? And if he's home, that means he's noticed I'm gone.

"I need to see him." I state flatly, walking back out the door and towards the vehicle.