Chapter 30

30.

"See that wasn't so bad was it, Julianne?" Sam mocks me, placing his dirty napkin onto the table as the waiters take our plates and utensils away from in front of us.

I take in a deep breath, relaxing a bit. It's over, everything went okay and I can leave now.

We all stand up from our seats, the chairs creaking as we do so. I grab all my stuff as Sam walks up to me, but Alec stays in his place.

Sam puts both of his rough hands on each of my shoulders and holds me in place.

"I only want what's best for you, Julianne." He gives me a side smile, pulling my shoulders in towards him and holding me in a tight embrace.

I'm completely caught off guard as I stand there awkwardly with my arms limp at my sides, and my face squished into his shoulder.

I pull away after a second, and he gives me one last tense smile. If I'm honest I can't tell if it's genuine of not.

"Have a great night." He speaks to me as I'm leaving the room, and Alec nods his head towards me as I take one last glance before I'm out the door.

I walk out of the mall and into the chilly night air, hugging my thin jacket closer to my shivering body.

Everything with Sam had gone, surprisingly, normal.

No surprises like he said, all we did was eat dinner and talk which was...strange.

It was almost too normal, if that's even a thing.

The only weird part about tonight was he hugged me at the end, and I'm not going to lie- that made me extremely uncomfortable.

I texted Niall about five minutes ago to meet me outside one of the clothing stores, and just as I was about to walk back into the warm building to wait instead of standing out here, he pulled up rather quickly to the curb.

"How did it go? Did he try anything? Are you hurt?" He bombards me with questions, making me chuckle at his worried state.

"Calm down, Niall. I'm fine! See?" I hold my arms out, showing him that nothing is wrong.

"Thank God, now get in the car and let's get the hell out of here."

I nod in agreement, stepping into the heated car and closing the door behind me.

-

"Jules?"

I hear a faint voice call out from the silence in a nearby room, and I immediately smile.

"Yes?"

Harry comes practically running over to me, encasing me into a tight hug, warming me up immediately from just being outside.

I relax into his arms, wrapping my own smaller ones around his torso, and resting the side of my head on his chest.

He smelled amazing like always, but for some reason right now he especially did. All I wanted was to hold and have more of him, but as soon as he came, he pulled back.

"I was so worried the entire time, you're never leaving my sight again." He jokes at the end, making me crack a small smile and squeeze his hand, leading the both of us into the other room.

Once we met up with all the other men, Harry pulled away for a second to thank Niall for watching out for me, which made my heart flutter.

The whole night Harry wouldn't keep his eyes off me, which made me continue to blush and bite my lip the entire time.