Chapter 1

The bouncer nodded his head towards us as, by some miracle, we finally made our way to the front of the line. He unclasped the large, red rope that separated all of us from the entrance of the club.

As the doors opened and we all stepped inside of the building, the scent of sweat and liquor hit me hard in the face. I was just relieved that they had a no smoking policy, but that didn't stop a few people from smoking cigarettes and joints.

Lights were flashing everywhere, and I thought I was going to have a seizure. I sound like an old man right now, but when I say that it was like a thousand glow sticks being thrown at you from all directions, it was exactly like that.

Most of the girls here had dresses that showed way more skin then what needed to be shown, and their makeup was caked on. Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for spicing it up a bit, but what they were doing was a little excessive. Not everyone looked or dressed this way, but the ones who did were trying to get attention, and from the looks of things they were definitely getting it.

But that's what you go to these things for, right? To get attention and to party, just have fun.

I sighed.

I really need to get the stick out of my ass and just have some fun for once.

In the middle of the club there was a huge dance floor where the mass amount of people were. To the right there was the DJ, and the left a long bar. People were gathered around it sitting on the bar stools, and there were also some booths and tall tables with chairs scattered around near the bar for people who wanted to get something to eat.

I did notice some people in the back, though.

It was a closed off area. There was another red rope separating us from it and a bouncer that looked like he would eat me for lunch was standing next to it just like outside. There weren't too many people in this section, but the people that were looked like important people, and they also looked extremely intimidating.

They were all so attractive, not one of them had a single flaw on their face.

I guess you could call it the "VIP" section. To the right of this part there were some stairs that led to a second floor, where more people stood looking down or just sitting and talking, and it looked like a few in the corners were even getting lap dances.

This isn't a strip club, but that didn't stop those girls up there.

I started to feel nervous about how I looked, I thought I looked pretty, but I couldn't even touch the people in here- they all look like they just went on a ten-thousand dollar shopping spree then went to the spa.

We stayed near the bar and decided to order some drinks then hit the dance floor.

I'm not a big dancer, I can't dance to save my life. My mom made me take ballet when I was a kid, but as you could imagine I wouldn't break out into leaps and spins on the dance floor, plus those small basic skills wore off pretty quickly.

So in the end I decided I would stay over by the bar.

"Hey guys, I think I'll just stay over here." I  announced as I sat down on one of the tall chairs around our small circular table.

Maybe if I get some more of these fruiti-tutti drinks I'll be out there sashaying around the entire dance floor.

"No way! You're coming with us!" Kaylin started walking over to the table, then pulled me out of my chair by my arm and lead me towards the dance floor. "No excuses."