Chapter 25

25.

"Would you stop it?" I laugh while getting ready, walking around the room and picking out things I need to start the day.

"Stop what?" He grins while biting his lip and sitting up from the bed while the comforter was still draped on him. I blush, turning away.

"You're staring at me."

"Am I not allowed to?" He challenges, walking over to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

I say nothing, but lean up to him, kissing his cool lips.

The electric feeling ended all too quickly as I pulled away because my phone began to ring.

"I'll be right back." He continues smiling, his cute dimples never leaving his tanned face.

I race to my cell phone, picking it up and placing it towards my ear. I bring it into the bathroom and rest against the sink.

"Hello?" I didn't recognize the number when I saw it on my screen.

"Yes, this is Rachel Madden, correct?"

I think about it, almost ready to say no, when I quickly catch myself.

"Oh, yes! Is this Dr. Beckham?"

"Yes, in fact, it is. Are you busy right now?"

I try to hide my confusion, but I hopelessly fail as I hear my voice talk into the phone.

"Um, no, I'm not busy, is everything alright?"

My heart races at all the possible things that could be wrong. Maybe he realized who I was?

"Well, I believe so. I would like you to stop by- today if possible."

My palms sweat as I grasp the phone tighter in my hand.

"Sure," my voice is unsteady, "I'll come now?"

"Sounds perfect! See you soon Miss Madden."

I hang up the phone, placing it down on the sink and feeling sick to my stomach again.

"Jules?" Harry knocks softly on the bathroom door. "Are you alright in there?"

"Yes," I answer, trying to calm down, "I'm fine."

"Great, I'll make breakfast." He cheerily responds as he heads downstairs.

I pick my phone back up, dialing Eleanor's number as fast as I can, typing in the wrong digits multiple times since I was so shaky.

She picked up on the fourth ring.

"Eleanor?" I rush into the phone, my voice filled with desperation.

"Hey Jules! How are you?"

"El I need to talk to you."

"Is everything okay?" She sounds like she's moving, maybe standing up from sitting down. I can hear her heels slapping against tile floor.

"I don't really know, the doctor called, he said that I need to come in now and I'm nervous it could be something serious and-"

"Woah, just calm down sweetheart, okay? Take a breath, and we're going to figure this out. Have you told Harry?"

I follow her instructions and take a deep breath, gaining composure of myself. "Uh, no, I haven't. I don't want to worry him."

"Would you like me to come?" She practically reads my mind, making me softly laugh into the phone.

"Yes please, that would make me feel so much better."

"Text me the address, I'll meet you there in an hour?"