Chapter 16

16.

"I'm so sorry, Jules. I promise things will work out." Eleanor speaks softly, just above a whisper, and tries to cheer me up.

Sadly the image of Harry on top of another girl hurt more than I could imagine, which surprised me.

Knowing he had been with all of those girls before didn't bother me too much, it made me uncomfortable, but I didn't try to think about it. It was in his past.

But there was something about witnessing it first hand that made the feeling a thousand times more painful.

"Thanks El, I'll be fine. I just need to get my mind off of him." Easier said than done.

"Maybe that's not the right thing to do, do you want to talk to-"

"No." I respond quickly, I knew what she wanted me to do. She wanted me to 'talk it out' with Harry, but I couldn't do that.

If he noticed how his actions hurt me as much as they did, he could get the intentions I have strong feelings for him, and I don't want that to happen.

Maybe he already does know, but it would just confirm his assumptions.

I do care about Harry, but I know he doesn't care about me.

The feeling of rejection is why he can't find out, because he doesn't feel the same. He's a cold hearted bastard.

"You're welcome to stay as long as you want." She walks towards the door of the guest bedroom her and Lou are letting me stay in, and turns around to face me.

"The showers at the end of the hall, to the left. If you need me I'll be downstairs with Louis." Eleanor finishes before giving me a reassuring smile and leaving me alone in the empty room.

I let out a heavy breath, one I didn't know I was holding, and lay down on the bed.

I still am having a hard time processing what just happened. I just found out that my dad is working with Alec and I come home to Harry, who I now know I have feelings for, and he's on top of another girl.

Not going to lie, that one hurt a lot.

Even though, like I said, we aren't together, we've shared so many special moments. I just can't believe he would hurt me like this.

But what did I expect? Him to change and be sweet and fall in love with me?

Maybe in a perfect world, but this was reality, and in reality, fairytales don't exist.

Do I really want to live this way? Always scared and constantly getting hurt emotionally by Harry?

Absolutely not.

But am I the one that can make that decision?

I'm not sure.

I am sure that I don't know what to do next. Louis probably already told Harry I'm here, he's most likely going to come at any moment.

I decide it would be best to forget about all of this- including Harry. I have a feeling that won't happen, but if I can forget it would be a lot less painful for me.

I trot down the stairs to be with Louis and Eleanor. I think being social is exactly what I need right now, not being isolated in a bedroom.

I reach the bottom of the stairs and see them sitting on the couch, then Louis turns around and notices me.