Chapter 18

18.

I turned off the faucet, grabbing the silver necklace hanging around my neck, the necklace Harry had just given me a few days ago.

I sigh, drowning out all sound that surrounds me, even though it was already practically silent.

Before closing my eyes, I play some music, the soft sound of Ed Sheeran's guitar plays and calms me even more, making everything seem not so bad.

The sad truth is people have it worse than me. I hate it here, at least when Harry's a total douche, but he could be doing much worse to me.

The song end and a smile creeps onto my face, absolute serenity overtaking me.

The fire blazing right beside me, making my cheeks red and warm, the bath water calming my tense body and relieving stress.

It would've been even more beautiful if I wasn't interrupted by loud and obnoxious banging coming from the other side of the door.

"Open this fucking door now, Jules!" He screams from the other side, still furious.

Maybe I should've known better with the situation earlier. He stopped taking his pills because Louis told me to stop giving them to him.

This past week we were only actually able to connect because he was on his medication.

Ouch.

"Jules if you don't open this fucking door I swear to Christ I will break it down and come in there."

He wouldn't break down the door.

I roll my eyes.

Five more harder bangs come from the other side of the door, making me flinch.

I've been wrong before.

I hide my head in my hands, not wanting to do or say anything.

I don't know if I should be angry, hurt, or sad, so I just lie there. Drowning out his voice until I put all my effort into it, his voice becoming less audible until it was completely silent, I was in another world.

I sunk farther into it the water, the warm sensations feeling absolutely perfect.

The room also had an amazing smell, I had lit a few candles around me. The scent of the candle was called Home Sweet Home, a light cinnamon and apple scent that kind of reminded me of Fall.

The smell just completed it, making me relax more than I'm able to describe. It would've been much more enjoyable if the pounding and screaming on the other side of the door faded.

"I'm going to break this fucking door down if you don't fucking open it, do you understand me?!"

I tensed up when I could hear the door cracking from how hard he was hitting it.

It took him a few tries, but when I heard the door slam open and his heavy footsteps walk in, it was silent again.

I didn't dare take my head out of my hands when he walked right beside me, just standing there.

I could see his shoes out of the corner of my eye, and then my hands were ripped away from the warm comfort of the water.

"Why didn't you open the door?" He asks, his voice much more calm but still annoyed.

I finally looked up at him, my eyes red and puffy from crying, making him stare at me while sitting beside the bath tub.

He sighed loudly, feeling bad for what he did. "I've told you before, don't take what I say seriously, Jules. I get mad in the moment- I don't mean to hurt you."