My Friends Call Me Bucky

Introducing Saoirse Ronan as Elizabeth Rogers

BROOKLYN- AUGUST 1930

Bucky was heading home after school when he heard a sound of impact and a grunt coming from an alley. He looked over to see three boys. One of the boys was holding a small boy's arms behind him while the third guy punched him.

"Hey!" Bucky yelled at the boys.

The two bigger boys looked up to see Bucky approaching. They knew they could probably take him but they didn't exactly feel like messing with someone who could punch back. They pushed the small boy to the ground and ran away.

Bucky looked down on the small boy who was laying on the concrete.

"Are you okay?" Bucky asked.

The boy closed his eyes and leaned back on the concrete.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Thanks," the boy replied.

Bucky is about to help him up when he hears running footsteps. The other boys must want to fight after all. Bucky prepares himself to defend the small boy but it isn't the two boys who turn the corner. It's just a little girl.

She runs over to them and he can see anger on her features. She uses her momentum to shove Bucky to the ground. He probably would've remained on his feet if he wasn't so surprised.

"You stay away from him!" The little girl yelled at him.

Bucky was shocked. He didn't know how to handle this interaction. He looks over at the other boy for an explanation but the girl is not done.

"Oh don't you look at him you big bully. Boys like you are such cowards. Do you feel good shoving someone else around?" She spits out.

Bucky could feel the anger rise in him. He didn't appreciate the girl questioning his character. He was a lot of things but a coward and a bully wasn't one of them.

"It seems like the only person here shoving people is you," he says back to her.

She laughs bitterly and he glares up at her.

"People like you think you're so clever. I hope you know that he's worth ten of you," she responds.

Bucky knows this is a big misunderstanding but he can't help but push back against the attack.

"Seems like you got me all figured out princess," Bucky snaps.

She gets visibly angrier with the condescending nickname.