I Don't Like Bullies

The twins soon leave Bucky's house to get ready to leave for the courthouse.

Lizzie wears a knee length cream dress with cap sleeves and Steve dresses in slacks with a button up shirt and a tie.

"I can't do this Stevie," Lizzie says as she paces across the floor.

"Yes, you can and I'll be with you the whole times," Steve says.

In all honesty, Steve was quite worried as well. He hadn't seen Royce since before the incident and he didn't know how he would react to seeing him again.

"Promise?" Lizzie asks in a small voice.

"Always," Steve responds.

Luckily Sarah got the day off work so the three of them walk to the courthouse together. When they arrive, Bucky and his mother are already outside.

Bucky is dressed in a similar outfit to Steve but keeps trying to take off the tie while his mother swats his hands away.

"Long time no see," Bucky says with a smirk.

The kids all think that they were sneaky that morning and got together without their parents knowledge. However, the adults obviously knew but they allowed their kids to believe they were sly.

"We wanted to all be here to support you today, sweetie," Mrs. Barnes says.

"Thank you, Mrs. Barnes," Lizzie responds.

"Please, call me Winifred dear. I'm sorry my husband couldn't be here but he stayed home to take care of Rebecca. We thought that she might be a little young for this sort of thing," Winifred explains.

"Of course, that's very understandable. I know you probably also want to be with Bucky today as he is testifying as well," Sarah says.

Lizzie turns and faces Bucky.

"You're what?!" Lizzie yells.

"You really didn't expect me not to testify? I was the one who found you for goodness sake," Bucky says.

Lizzie scowls at him before turning and walking into the courthouse. Bucky runs after her and the rest of the group follows in after them.

Bucky catches up to Lizzie and grabs her elbow, effectively stopping her.

"Why are you so upset? Is it because I didn't tell you?" Bucky asks.

"That's definitely part of it but that's not the whole reason," Lizzie says angrily.

Bucky throws his arms up in exasperation. He never could understand girls.

"I'm mad because I don't want you to relive that. You try to hide it but I knew how much that day haunts you. I catch you staring at me sometimes and know that you're back to that warehouse. You're my best friend and I never want you to relive that. Especially not in a courtroom full of strangers," Lizzie says.

Bucky can't help but let out a small smile.

"So you're just mad because you're worried about me?" Bucky says.

"Yes," Lizzie responds shortly.

"Honestly, I think talking about it will be good for me. I've kept everything bottled up since the incident. Plus, it will all be worth it if he gets convicted," Bucky says.

The rest of the party catch up to them and the enter the courtroom together.

Lizzie sees Royce and grips Steve's hand tightly. Steve and Bucky both glare at the back of his head. He seems to be avoiding both their gazes. The last time he saw Bucky, he was getting punched in the face.