Everyone Has A Name

Lizzie stares at him throughout the flight. She is trying to find a hint of her Jaime. A hint that he recognizes her but she can't find anything.

The Winter Soldier notices her staring and it's making him uncomfortable. No one stares at him, people barely even look at him because either they're scared of him or think they're above him. He doesn't like being under the scrutiny of this beautiful stranger.

"Stop looking at me," he demands harshly.

He expects her to flinch at his tone but instead she continues to stare and a little line appears between her eyebrows. She looks confused and a little sad but he has no idea why. Why isn't she more scared of him?

"Why do you keep staring at me?" He growls.

She has an idea that may or may not work but it's worth a try.

"You look like someone I love and miss a great deal. His name is James Buchanan Barnes but everyone called him Bucky except me," she says.

She called him Jaime he thinks. Then he shakes his head to clear it because how would he know anything about this Barnes person?

"I called him Jaime and he called me Ellie," she says.

This conversation is making him very uncomfortable and a little confused.

"I didn't ask," he says.

"Yes, you did," she says.

"No, I didn't," he says.

She sighs in exasperation.

"You asked me why I was staring so I told you it was because you look like my Jaime," she says.

My Ellie. If I'm yours, you are mine.

He wants to scream because he doesn't like what this girl is doing to his head. It feels like something is trying to break through his skull.

"Just shut up and look forward. I have no problem muzzling you and strapping your head to the seat," he says.

She rolls her eyes but does as he says.

He feels like he should do something to scare her. Maybe hurt her a bit, surely hydra wouldn't care if she was a little beat up. However, when he starts thinking about hurting her, it feels like his chest is tight and every single instinct in his body is to protect the small girl, not hurt her.

What is happening to him?

They had been flying for a couple hours when Lizzie talks again.

"Jaime? Can you let me up? I have to use the restroom," she says.

He puts the plane on autopilot and unlocks her seat and escorts her to the restroom. It isn't until after she's closed the door that he realizes what she called him. She called him Jaime and it didn't even faze him.

She quickly uses the restroom and washes her hands. When she comes out, he is glaring at her.

"You called me Jaime," he accuses.

"What? No, I didn't," she lies.

"Yes, you did. When you asked to go to the bathroom, you called me Jaime," he says.

"Well why did you respond to that name?" She asks.

She knows she has him when his face falls. She almost feels bad because he looks so lost and confused.

"I don't know," he says.

She knows that he is mostly saying it to himself and not her but she lets him process for a moment.