What Was That?

"Stop Fidgeting," Lizzie says.

"I'm not fidgeting," Bucky insists.

In truth, Bucky was fidgeting because his girlfriend or fiancé, he wasn't sure which, was going at his hair with a pair of scissors.

The last time someone had cut his hair was Hydra and it was never the most pleasant experience. Since he left Hydra, he had been cutting his own hair because it wasn't to hard to trim himself. However, he couldn't cut it short again without help.

He knows that he can trust Lizzie which is the only reason he's letting her give him a haircut right now.

She can hear the slight panic in his voice so she puts down the scissors and walks in front of him. She reaches out and strokes his cheek.

"What's wrong, love?" She asks.

He puts his hands on her hips and rests his head on her stomach with his eyes closed.

"I trust you, I do, but this is bringing up some bad memories. Hydra wasn't always the kindest when it came to haircuts and I have a sort of irrational fear of them now," he says.

She doesn't want him to be scared. She doesn't want to do anything that hurts him or makes him uncomfortable.

"We can stop and you can just trim your own hair if you want," Lizzie says.

He loves her so much in that moment. The fact that she validates his fears and tries to comfort him shows what an amazing woman he has. He thinks about proposing again in that moment but it still doesn't feel right.

He wants to show her that he trusts her more than he fears Hydra.

"No, I want to wear it short again. I think it will help me feel more like me," he says.

She leans down and places a soft kiss on his lips.

"Let me know if at any point you need me to stop and I will stop immediately," she promises.

He nods and she moves back behind him. She can still feel how tense he is so she begins to rub his shoulders. She leans over and begins kissing his neck. He gives out a shutter because his fear mixed with the pleasure of her lips on him is entirely contradictory. She kisses up his neck until her lips are right next to his ear.

"Relax. Don't focus on anything but my touch,"she says.

She begins to run her fingers through his hair and lightly running her nails across his scalp. Her fingers feel so good in his hair that he momentarily forgets what they're there for.

He tenses up again when he hears the snip of the scissors but relaxes again when he feels her fingers in his hair again.

That's how she gets him through his haircut. Every time the fear takes over, she uses her touch to soothe him.

When she's done, she puts the scissors down and she places a kiss to the back of his neck.

She walks back in front of him and has him look at her so she can make sure that everything is even.

"Alright, you're all done," she says.

He feels a million times lighter after the haircut. Not just because he has less hair now but because he got through his fear.

She takes the towel that she placed around his shoulders and makes sure none of the hair got on him.

As soon as the towel is off, Bucky reaches over and pulls her into his lap and she wraps her arms around his neck.

She looks at him and notices that with his hair back to his old length that he doesn't look that much older than he did when he left.

"How old do you think you are now?" She asks.