It Doesn't Feel Like Mine

It seems like it's a blink of an eye and it's the couples' first Christmas since they've been reunited.

None of them can remember the last time any of them were particularly excited about Christmas.

Peggy and Lizzie usually just had quiet Christmases. They would exchange presents and try to ignore the absence of the men they loved.

Steve's last Christmas, he spent with Natasha. It was over a year ago that Christmas happened since they left 2023 in April and arrived in 1949 in January.

He missed Natasha a lot. She was one of the best friends he's ever had. She was loyal and brave and kind. He wishes Peggy and Lizzie would have been able to meet her because he knows they would have loved her.

It's also because of her that he is here now. Bucky wouldn't be alive and Steve would still be stuck in 2023 if it wasn't for her sacrifice.

He realizes now that of the original six avengers, there is only 3 left. Tony and Natasha are gone and Steve left. The Avengers have grown so much since then but it is strange to think that his original team, his first friends in 2011, has been almost completely disbanded.

He hopes that the rest of The Avengers stick together. He is hoping that Sam will rise to the occasion when he gives him the shield in the future.

Sam will be a great leader and a great Captain America.

Bucky's last Christmas was spent alone in his hut in Wakanda. The Wakandans don't celebrate Christmas so Bucky just sat by himself and ruminated about all his disappointments and regrets. Not this year though. This year he will actually have something to celebrate.

He wakes up Christmas Morning with his beautiful wife by his side. It is crazy to think that in a short time, it may not just be him and his wife anymore.

It's been a few months since their discussion about starting a family but they both know that it might take some time to happen. They both knows that when she's meant to get pregnant, she'll get pregnant.

"Merry Christmas, love," Lizzie whispers.

He reaches over and strokes her cheek lovingly.

"Merry Christmas, doll," he whispers back.

The have previously decided to spend Christmas morning with Steve and Peggy and then the night by themselves.

"How'd you sleep?" Bucky asks.

"Like a rock," she says.

He knows she's telling the truth because when she's having a nightmare, she tosses and turns in her sleep. These last few weeks she's been exhausted from getting all her work done before the holidays that she usually passes out shortly after dinner.

He leans over and kisses her bare shoulder.

"I'm glad," he says.

They get up and make their way over to Steve and Peggy's house.

It's been nice being so close to Steve and Peggy. They try to have dinner with each other at least twice a week, once at each house.

Steve and Bucky usually spend a good chunk of their days together while the girls are at work. Sometimes they just shoot the breeze but they try to be productive. They have been working on learning how the electrical and plumbing works so they don't have to rely on Howard if anything ever goes wrong.

They also try to keep in shape so they usually go on a run in the morning followed by some sparing. Just because they are retired, doesn't mean they want to get rusty. They know that there are still a lot of dangers in the world and they want to be prepared to defend their family if something does go wrong.