Close Your Eyes

She wishes she could go back in time and give her mother her sincerest thank you and apology for being pregnant with her and Steve because being pregnant with twins was horrible.

She felt like a whale, she could never sleep, she was constantly snapping at Steve and crying all the time. She's so lucky her brother loves her so much or she doubts he'd be so patient with her.

Steve was going crazy with two pregnant women in the house. Lizzie was just over seven months pregnant and Peggy was just under five. Steve was trying his best but he felt like he was walking on eggshells trying to avoid their wrath.

Being pregnant together has brought the girls even closer. They can relate to things that the other is going through and can give the other support and advice.

Steve originally was mad at Bucky for leaving his sister, he still is, but now he's even more mad that Bucky left him to deal with the hormonal women. He should be suffering right along side him.

Howard thinks that he may have a lead on Bucky but he told Steve to wait so he could get a more exact location. He doesn't want Steve running around more than he has to.

Peggy was taking a nap and Lizzie was supposed to be at work a little longer so he went in the backyard to relax for a little bit. He's not even out ten minutes when he hears the door open behind him and he wonders which one it is.

"Steve?" Lizzie asks in a small voice.

He looks over and sees that Lizzie is still in her work clothes that hardly fit her. Her stomach is huge but that makes her look even smaller.

"Are you busy?" She asks.

He wants to say yes because he was actually enjoying the quiet but he could never do that to her. He is ashamed because she's pregnant, she's carrying two other lives which can't be comfortable so of course she's going to be irritable.

"No, what's up?" He says.

"I just want to apologize. I know I've been snapping at you a lot and that's not fair to you. You have let me live with you and Peggy and are constantly caring for both of us. I have no right to be anything but grateful to you," Lizzie says.

Now he really feels horrible because of course his kind hearted pregnant sister would apologize for being hormonal.

"You know that I'm always here for you, Lizzie. You have a lot going on right now and I understand that your emotions are going wild," Steve says.

She walks over and takes a seat next to Steve. He puts his arm around her and she rests her head on his shoulder.

"I'm so tired," she says.

"You should go take a nap, I'm sure you've had a long day," Steve says.

"I'm not just physically tired, I'm emotionally tired. I feel so much all the time and I can't handle it anymore. I am so stressed about the babies that I'm stressed that my stress is going to hurt them," Lizzie says.

Steve doesn't want to bring it up again but he wants to convince her.

"Maybe I should go find him and bring him home," Steve says.

Every time Bucky comes up she usually cries or gets angry. She used to be able to repress all her thoughts about Bucky but her hormones won't let her compartmentalize any longer.

She gets up and starts pacing.

"Why? Why risk getting discovered for someone who obviously doesn't want to be found? If Jaime wanted to be here he would be," Lizzie says.