Nice Lipstick Bucky

Everyone notices that Bucky can't stop staring at Beth. Apparently his attention can be drawn away from his girl.

"Hey, Beth!" Tommie yells.

She looks up and sees the men who are regulars at the bar. They love to flirt with her but she always shuts them down. They are always generous tippers though.

She smiles politely but then she realizes that there are 4 men at the table.

"Shit," she mumbles under her breathe.

Bucky looks at her and gives her a small wave and a smirk.

She expected anger from him when he found out. She didn't know what to make of the smirk.

"Come here Beth!" Tommie yells.

She walks over timidly and tries to avoid looking at Bucky.

"Hey boys, I thought Annie was waiting on you tonight?" Lizzie asks.

"Oh she already came over. We just wanted to introduce our friend Bucky here," Chris adds.

The boys are all looking at Lizzie so they don't notice Bucky mouthing "play along".

She doesn't know what he's doing but he doesn't seem upset with her so she decides to roll with it.

"It's nice to meet you Beth. You're even prettier than these boys described," Bucky says with a flirtatious smile.

Lizzie blushes a deep red. She knows Bucky was charming but he's never openly hit on her.

"Th...thank you," she stutters.

"You're welcome, doll," he says with a wink.

She shouldn't be so flustered at her boyfriend flirting with her but the whole situation is just so bizarre that she doesn't know how to act.

"Um.. well I'll go check on your drinks," Lizzie says and then walks away.

The boys all stare with their mouths open.

"I thought you had a girlfriend," Chris says.

"I do, but just look at that girl. I just can't help myself," Bucky says.

He knows he shouldn't be messing with them like this but he couldn't resist. Plus, he kinda likes getting Lizzie all hot and bothered.

He knows he probably should be mad that she hid this from him but surprisingly he isn't. He understands why she would be nervous to tell him about this job, especially after hearing how his friends have been objectifying her. But he understands why she took the job.

The bar seems to be quite busy even on a weekday. He can only imagine the amount of tips she makes on the weekend. The hospital almost didn't pay her enough to survive on. It be wrong of him to blame her for wanting to be more secure.

He is distracted by Lizzie walking by. She gives him a significant glance before walking outside.

"I'll be right back," he quickly says.

He gets up and follows Lizzie out.

Once he gets outside, she turns to him.

"How mad are you?" Lizzie asks nervously.

"I'm not mad, I'm a little disappointed you didn't tell me but I understand why you did," Bucky says.

"I'm sorry for not telling you. It's just that I get paid a lot more here then at the hospital and I worried that you and Steve would want me to quit," Lizzie says.

He can tell she is still nervous.

"Come here," Bucky says.

He pulls her into his arms and rests his head on hers and presses a kiss to the top of her head.