The First of Many (anniversary bonus chapter)

A/N: One year ago I set out to write this book. I could have never guessed that this book would get the love and attention it's gotten. I want to thank each and every one of you who has read, liked, and commented along the way. Thank you for joining me on this journey through all the laughing and crying (there was a lot of both for me). I hope that you all found pieces of yourself in Elizabeth, I know I have. To celebrate this one year anniversary, here is a peak into three one year anniversaries for Bucky and Lizzie.

 To celebrate this one year anniversary, here is a peak into three one year anniversaries for Bucky and Lizzie

AUGUST 1931

"When you said we were going somewhere, I didn't think you would be taking us up a giant mountain, James," Lizzie says.

"Oh, I'm James now?" Bucky asks.

"Yes, you don't get your nickname when you are being a pain," Lizzie says irritably.

"Liz, it's fine," Steve interjects.

The reason that Lizzie was so upset was that Bucky got them up early so he could show them something. He gave them no heads up that they would be hiking so Lizzie was wearing the wrong shoes and they had to stop multiple times for Steve to catch his breath.

"We're almost there, I promise," Bucky says.

After five more minutes of walking in silence, the trail opens up into an outcropping of rock. Lizzie gasps slightly at the view.

"Oh my! You can almost see the whole city from up here!" Lizzie exclaims.

"It's beautiful up here, Buck," Steve wheezes.

Bucky lets out a sigh of relief. He knew that he would get some backlash for the hike but he was so glad they liked it. The small smile is replaced with a scowl when Lizzie hits his arm.

"You should've made me bring my sketchbook!" She exclaims.

He reaches into his bag and pulls out her sketchbook. Her mouth opens in awe and she throws her arms around his neck. She plants a loud kiss on his cheek and he hugs her tightly with a laugh.

"I changed my mind. You're the best friend in the whole wide world, Jaime!" She says.

"So I get to be Jaime again?" He asks smugly.

"You'll always be my Jaime even if you are driving me insane. Now what else is in that bag?" Lizzie asks.

Bucky pulls out some sodas as well as a few sandwiches. The twins eagerly grab the soda but eye the sandwiches warily.

"Ma made the sandwiches," Bucky says sullenly.

The twins give a smile of relief and take the food out of his hands.