Ten Years Later

TEN YEARS LATER

It was getting late when the Barnes and Rogers families pulled up to Howard Stark's mansion.

It wasn't the first time the kids had been there but each time they see it, they are amazed.

Lizzie turns around and looks at the miscreants in her back seat. Sarah, JJ, and Steven all look at her in false innocence. She knows the trouble they get in to together.

The three of them have been inseparable since they were in diapers and it has stayed that way since then. Lizzie loves that they are so close, much like her and Steve were. She however doesn't love the trouble they always get into.

"You three are going to behave tonight. We aren't at home so you need to mind your manners. The adults are going to be having an important and private meeting so you will be on your own for awhile so please try not to destroy anything," Lizzie says.

Her gaze settled on JJ because he was the ring leader. If she got him to relent, then the rest would fall in line.

"Why are you looking at me?" He asks rudely.

Bucky turns around in his seat and gives him a warning look.

"James, don't talk to your mother like that," Bucky says.

Both of them loved their kids to the moon and back. For the most part, they were good kids. They were smart and most of the time well behaved. However, when you got the three of them together, chaos usually ensues.

In the other car with Steve and Peggy sits the other two children of the clan. There is Natasha or Nat as most of the family calls her and Mary, Steve and Peggy's youngest.

Even though all the kids were close in age, Natasha and Mary were usually left out of the older siblings antics. They were okay with that because they had each other.

The adults always joke that they exchanged kids because it seems like Sarah is always with the Barnes while Nat is with the Rogers. In the end, they were all family and that's what really matters.

When the group gets to the front door, they are greeted by the butler, Jarvis.

He guides them inside and leads them to where Howard has set up.

"Thank you for driving out last minute. I wouldn't have called you all unless it was urgent," Howard says.

Maria Stark comes into the room and Nat and Mary immediately rush up to her.

"Can you show us your piano again?" Mary asks.

Last time they were over at the mansion, Maria gave the girls a piano lesson and since then, they have been begging to get a piano at the houses so they can learn.

"Of course girls," she says.

She leads the girls out of the room. While Maria knew about SHIELD, she wasn't usually involved in discussions about it.

Lizzie looks at the other three kids in the room.

"Please stay in the living room and behave," she says.