Were You Ever Going To Tell Me?

Bucky got home before Lizzie for once so he decided to go pick up the groceries for the week. She usually leaves the grocery list in her bed side table.

He is going through the papers she left in there trying to find it when he finds a packet labeled 'Lab Results'.

He knows he should leave it alone but the fact that she was getting lab work done scared him. What if something was seriously wrong with her?

He opens the packet and slides out the paper. There is a lot of scientific jargon that he doesn't understand but there is one word he definitely did understand.

Pregnant.

Lizzie is pregnant.

He quickly puts the paper back into the packet and places it back in her drawer, groceries forgotten.

Lizzie notices that Bucky is acting strange when she gets home but he says it's nothing when she asks and she decides to let it go.

Weeks pass and Lizzie still hadn't told Bucky she was pregnant and he was beginning to get angry.

He understood waiting a couple days to tell him but weeks?

He was the father, doesn't she thinks he has a right to know?

They are eating dinner one evening when Bucky finally snaps.

Lizzie was telling a story about her first week in the new school year when Bucky drops his fork to his plate.

Lizzie stops telling her story and looks to see Bucky has a furious expression on his face.

"Were you ever going to tell me?" Bucky demands.

His tone automatically sets her off.

"Tell you what?" She says.

"That you're pregnant," Bucky says.

"I'm not pregnant," Lizzie says.

"Don't lie, I saw the test results in your night stand," Bucky says angrily.

She knows instantly what must of happened and why he was having such a harsh reaction right now.

"I can explain," Lizzie starts but Bucky interrupts her.

"Didn't you think that I deserved to know that I'm going to be a father?" Bucky yells.

She is immediately angered by his tone. She's not pregnant but if she was, he should not be yelling at her like this. When she doesn't respond, he continues.

"Or were you just hoping you'd lose the baby and never have to tell me?" Bucky says.

"What did you just say?" Lizzie snaps.

"A baby would ruin all your plans so maybe you were just hoping the problem would take care of itself," Bucky says.

The room goes silent. Bucky knows that he shouldn't have said that but he is so angry.

Lizzie says nothing but walks out of the room. She immediately goes upstairs and starts packing a bag.

Bucky follows her up and sees her packing.

"What are you doing?" He demands.

She doesn't respond but she keeps throwing stuff into the bag.

He rips the bag out of her hands so she is forced to respond.

"I can't stand the sight of you right now so I'm going to stay with Steve," Lizzie says.

She takes the bag back from him and finishes packing everything she needs.