Insert5:

Matron
I watched as the police van drove in and my heart gave a slow thud. Did Rain do something wrong? I quickly boiled the kettle for them and when they knocked i had the door open.
Me: everything okay with Rain? They both looked at me and got in as i shifted way for them.
Guy: am inspector Xaba, i was an officer working on one of your residents 3 years ago. I was relieved and went about making tea and coffee for them as they request.
Me: oh yes a trying time it was
Inspector Xaba: walk me through it again.
Me: i came back from whole night prayer and by the side of the road i saw a red hurdle. I got out to move it only to find a young girl barely conscious so i did right and called the cops.
Inspector Xaba: anything else that you remember that day? I thought hard about it and nothing came to mind.
Me: no nothing.
Detective Zama: do you want to tell us about her?
Me: oh where do i start. She is a bright young girl. Loving, kind and sweet. Very smart and cool level. She has an ability to do anything that she gives her time to study. She is a nice young little girl.
Inspector Xaba: i see you are fond of her.
Me: i never had any kids and i guess God way of giving me kids was through church and the kids that come here year after year. But she touched my heart. The doctor said she will not be able to walk. She walked. They said she will have difficulty speaking but she speaks. She does everything that was said she wont do and excel well at it too.
Detective zama: Thank you so much on your time. We following a lead of who might have hurt her.
Me: Oh
Inspector Xaba: you don't sound happy about it?
Me: we have made peace with that person long ago. But do your job and let me know once you have found the person. They got up as i felt an uneasy feeling in me about this whole situation but smiled as i walked them out. When they were gone i took my phone out and called her

Rainbow
I heard my phone ring while i was watching a movie with Sanele and i picked up and saw it Matron so i answered.
Me: Ma
Matron: How are you Angel?
Me: Am good and you?
Matron: nothing that prayer cant fix and i knew something troubling her. I looked at Sanele who was busy on his phone and had the movie paused. My legs were on him and his one hand was going up and down on my leg giving me comfort.
Matron: Inspector Xaba and his partner Zama were here.
Me: police? What did they want? I felt Sanele going tense. She told me everything about the case and what they thought. Its funny how i dont remember anything that happened 16 years before that fatal night. All my brain can remember is the first day i got up in hospital not knowing who i am and where i am and why i cant talk. And of cause Matron sitting right beside me smiling like she has won a jackpot. That what gave me encouragement to fight. I felt Sanele hands on my face and i knew i have shed tears without knowing. I smiled to reassure him am okay. I was now on his lap and he was cradling me like a bay.
Matron: well we will be okay. Never shed a tear on things that God has a power to change. Leave it all to him. I nodded since my voice was caught up." I love you Rainbow"
Me: i love you too Ma. She blew a kiss and hang up and i crawled into a small ball on Sanele lap and allowed him to rock me like a little child that i was in that moment...