❝snacking❞

MIKI had barely left her room in the past week

She had practise exams coming up, and she was drowning in practise questions, textbook readings and study calls with friends.

While she was in the middle of an extended response question, a light knock interrupted her focus.

"Come in," she said faintly.

The smell of familiar cologne quickly invaded her room, and she turned around in her chair to greet the visitor.

Wooyoung had a glass of water in one hand and a plate of sliced watermelon in the other. She noticed he was fresh from the shower, damp hair falling over his forehead effortlessly.

It wasn't until he cleared his throat that Miki realised she was staring.

"... Sorry." With a sheepish smile, she stood up to take his gifts and place them on the table. "Thanks. You didn't have to."

He pulled up a spare chair beside her desk. "Ah, but they don't come free."

As she sat back down, she looked at him quizzically.

"The only condition is..." He reached forward to take a piece of watermelon, leg brushing gently against hers. "...that you have to share with me."

Miki laughed, gesturing towards the water. "Even this cup?"

He shrugged nonchalantly, but his eyes seemed daring. "It's not like we're strangers, right?"

"Right," she smiled, but she felt a tightening in her chest. They weren't strangers, but they weren't.... friends either.

They managed to keep a light conversation going before he decided to leave.

Wooyoung stood. "Don't stay up too late, got it?"

"Got it, doc." 

He paused. 

Suddenly, gently, he placed a warm hand on her shoulder. 

Miki tensed, but before she fully realised, his touch was gone, and the bedroom door clicked shut behind him. 

a/n: hi guys, guess who's back 😗ik its been months since my last update, but like miki over here, i've been too busy with schoolwork and life being annoying, as usuali'm on semester break now, so let's hope i can get this story back on track!! th...

ik its been months since my last update, but like miki over here, i've been too busy with schoolwork and life being annoying, as usual
i'm on semester break now, so let's hope i can get this story back on track!! thanks for being so patient <3

- kai.