❝honey, i'm home!❞

MIKI hoisted the stack of textbooks and worksheets further up in her arms, struggling to open the front door with a shaky hand

As it opened, the cool air of her home hit her face and she exhaled in relief, dumping her schoolwork onto the nearby side-table.

Her afternoon university class finished early, so she had spent some time at a local cafe with some classmates.

"Honey, I'm home!" She called out impulsively, giggling to herself as she made her way to the kitchen.

She knew he wasn't home today. It was Tuesday, meaning he would most likely be at the hospital until late into the evening.

Humming a song she heard on the radio, Miki reached for the light switch in the kitchen, looking forward to making herself some dinner.

Almost immediately, she jumped back, startled.

Turns out she wasn't home alone at all.

"H-hello!" Miki greeted, still clutching at her shirt from where she had reacted in fright.

Cup raised to his lips, Wooyoung gave her a side glance, eyebrow raised. "Are you alright?"

She regained her posture and nodded, watching as he downed the glass of water in two gulps. Wiping his mouth on his sleeve, he reached for a banana, undisturbed by her presence.

"So... work wasn't busy today?" Miki asked. On the outside she was calm, but inside she was still shook— who tf drank water in the dark like that?

"Took a day off."

That was certainly unusual. She scanned him briefly, seeing no signs of illness. 'Silly me,' she thought, 'he's a doctor. He'd know better than anyone if he was sick.'

Wooyoung made his leave, brushing past her gently. "I've got some paperwork to do," he said, and Miki was slightly relieved to know she would get her privacy back.

"By the way..." He paused at the doorway.

Miki turned to face him curiously. The corner of his mouth perked up slightly.

"Welcome home."