❝woo's childhood bedroom❞

4 days until anniversary

4 days until anniversary. (still)

AFTER dinner, Miki and Wooyoung headed up the stairs together in silence.

He entered the bedroom first, and fearing the impending doom, Miki pretended to pause besides the bay window to admire the night sky.

Wooyoung emerged soon after with a towel and clothes slung over his shoulder. He looked over at Miki. "I'll go ahead and use the bathroom first."

He noticed her stiff posture and studied her face closely. "Are you just going to stand in the hall all night?"

She snapped out of whatever uneasy thoughts she was having and managed a small smile. "Sorry, I'll... yeah, go ahead. I'll wait inside."

Inside Wooyoung's childhood bedroom.

It wasn't like it was her first time seeing it, but it would be her first time sleeping there.

Everything was simple yet clean. Freshly washed bedsheets, a large mahogany closet taking up the majority of the left wall, and a double-sized bed was positioned in the corner next to a bookcase.

He had placed her things near the closet, and on close examination, she was surprised to see one of her small bear plushies sitting on top of the pile.

She had intended to leave it behind, afraid to come across as juvenile to his family.

She decided to perch herself awkwardly on his bed and wait. Of course, she would find herself in this situation. Not once did she stop to think about whether Mrs. Jung would place them in the same room.

Wooyoung entered a few minutes later, rubbing his damp hair vigorously with the towel. He had changed into a white shirt and grey shorts, and Miki had to look away.

Everything felt too... personal.

"Sorry if I took too long. All yours." He also seemed uneasy with the whole thing, making efforts to avoid eye contact.

"No worries," she responded stiffly. Due to her nerves, she accidentally used the professional tone she used at clinical practise, and inwardly cringed.

Miki quickly grabbed her things and rushed to the bathroom. She made sure to take her sweet time, letting the steam melt away the most of her worries.

She didn't used to be such an anxious person. But then again, she had never fallen for someone so deeply either.

By the time she came back into the bedroom, he was already lying down on the right side of the bed, one arm resting behind his head. He put his phone down on his chest and stared.

Her skin was still slightly reddened from the heat of the shower, and the scent of her regular bath wash filled the room.

Wooyoung's Adam's apple bobbed up and down slightly. "I hope you're happy with sleeping against the wall," he murmured hoarsely.

Miki tugged at the ends of her hair. "Sure, I don't mind."

He raised his knees as she approached, allowing her access to her side of the bed.

Soon, the two Jungs were both lying on their backs, side by side. The last time this occurred was on their wedding night, almost a year ago.

If Miki moved her elbow with even the slightest movement, their arms would touch. It was so very tempting.

But she stayed frozen, rooted to the spot.

With a click, Wooyoung turned the lamp off, leaving them in the darkness with only the sound of their quiet breathing.

"A year, huh?" he whispered softly.

Miki hummed in reply. She didn't trust her heart enough to speak.

"Goodnight, Miki." Wooyoung turned onto his side, so his back was facing her.

She waited until his breaths evened out into a steady, slow rhythm before turning her head to look at his silhouette.

"Goodnight."