❝a croissant❞

"WELL, I'll be going now," Miki announced awkwardly

Wooyoung took a bite into his toast, leaning against the kitchen counter. He simply nodded. Even though it was early morning, he looked fresh and refined in a grey turtleneck.

"Need me to pick you up?" He asked suddenly, as she finished unlocking the front door.

Miki paused for a moment, running every little scenario through her head.

A few friends knew the true nature of her marriage, but only one faced Miki's late night rants and worries about the physician living in her house.

She could hear Kathryn's gentle teases now. 'He's seven years older, and has to pick you up? Miki, he's your babysitter!~'

Wooyoung was still patiently waiting for an answer, the two slices of toast long gone.

"Uh... no. I should be fine." Miki managed a smile as she almost stumbled out the house.

Ever since the flowers arrived, things had barely changed yet everything felt different. Miki checked her watch, then hastened her steps to the bus station.

✿✿✿

THE bell chimed as Miki and her friends exited the cafe. Lucas, who was slowly integrating himself into the group, had tagged along too.

Slowly, everyone dispersed until it was just Miki, waiting tiredly at the bus stop for her usual ride home.

It didn't take long for her to realise it was being delayed.

Miki pulled her phone out of her pocket with great hesitation, calling the number before she could second guess herself. "Hi, am I disturbing you?"

"Never."

She drew a sharp intake of breath at his gentle tone. "Well... my bus got delayed..."

A slight chuckle, then a warm affirmation. "I'm on my way."

She rushed back into the cafe for one last minute purchase.

His sleek, black vehicle pulled up alongside the curb in ten minutes, and Miki climbed in shyly.

"This is for you." She extended a paper bag over to him, and he peeked inside.

Wooyoung smiled, a dimple piercing his right cheek. "Perfect timing."

At the stoplight, he broke the croissant in half, and the Jungs spent the rest of the ride home chewing on a piece of buttery heaven.