❝admirer❞

THE doorbell rang at 9am

It was one of Wooyoung's few days off, and he regretfully slid off his reading glasses to answer the door.

He swung the door open to find a tall, unfamiliar young man. The guest shifted awkwardly on the welcome mat Miki chose.

"Can I help you?" Wooyoung frowned.

The man turned a bit red, and held out a pastel purple envelope. "Good morning, sir.."

Wooyoung's eyebrow almost twitched at the formal greeting, taking the envelope grumpily.

He resisted the urge to survey his outfit. The young man looked to be around the same age as Miki, so he shouldn't be that much older.

"I'm a classmate of Miki's," the guy said, "I delivered some lavenders to her the other day."

Ah. Those lavenders. Wooyoung stayed silent, studying the man in front of him. He regretted answering the door. 

The young man looked like he desperately wanted to escape. "The letter wasn't sent for some reason. But uh, I'll get going now. See you, I guess."

He held a hand up before turning away. But before he fully turned to leave, he suddenly faced Wooyoung again. "You know.. Miki never told me she had a roommate."

Wooyoung's polite smile fell immediately, and the man's eyes widened. "Alright, bye!"

He almost sprinted down the driveway.

Wooyoung watched him run off, his gaze trained on the guy as he crossed the street hurriedly. "Roommate, huh?"

He went back inside, closing the front door whilst deep in thought.

In the eyes of her classmates, was Miki single?

Ripping the letter open, he scanned the cheesy thank-you note quickly until his eyes landed on the name.

-Lucas.

Wooyoung's eyebrows furrowed for a split second. He was probably overthinking, and he didn't want to ruin his precious day off.

He walked past the bin, and the temptation to throw it away was overwhelming. But.. it was addressed to Miki. And he had already invaded her privacy.

With a heavy sigh, he placed it on the table next to the door, on top of her stack of textbooks.