❝homemade pt.1❞

MIKI greatly underestimated the difficulty of finding her husband in time for lunch

So, after entering the lobby through the main entrance, Miki had just been standing there. Awkwardly.

Once again she asked herself why she was doing this. Why did she randomly decide to go through all this trouble?

Was it even worth it?

With no other options and despite it being a long shot, she approached the general receptionist.

"Hi." It came out croaky, so she cleared her throat. "I'm here to see Woo— oh, sorry—Dr. Jung. I'd like to see Dr. Jung. Please."

Miki felt like a train wreck, and to be honest, she knew she was.

The young woman studied her carefully. Her name badge read Anna Davids.

"Are you a patient or relative?" she asked tersely.

Miki, not used to saying it out loud, had to mumble her answer. "I'm uh, his wife. I've just come to bring him some lunch."

To her utter surprise, Ms. Davids threw her head back and laughed heartily. Afterwards, she leaned in as if telling Miki a secret.

"Sweetheart, that's the best one yet. Don't worry though, he's such a hard worker he wouldn't have been able to entertain you anyways." The receptionist spoke with an absurd amount of certainty. "After all, I'm probably the only girl he sees daily."

Miki could not miss the obvious 'stars' in her eyes.

She gripped the bag of food tighter. "Right. Sorry to bother you ma'am."

Guess she would have to find him herself.

✿✿✿

AFTER 15 minutes of wandering helplessly through the hospital corridors, she managed to find Wooyoung in an empty break room.

He had to do a double take in surprise.

"Delivery~" Miki announced softly, and she watched as his face softened into a smile.

She moved forward, extending a hand out to pass it to him. "You've been checking on me and bringing study snacks lately, so..."

"Tch. And here I was thinking you were doing this from the goodness of your heart."

Later on, Wooyoung insisted on walking her back to the lobby.

The receptionist was quick to notice them walk in. "You again! Why are you still here?"

He didn't notice the receptionist's presence, instead turning his back to face Miki. "I'll see you at home, okay?"

She nodded, feeling embarrassed by her thoughts.

'A hug goodbye maybe, or even..'

He leaned in, as if reading her mind, but stopped himself. Instead:

"Take care."

He held eye contact for a little longer, lingering, before walking away.

Miki noticed the receptionist was staring at her.

She merely smiled.