❝celebration❞

10:01pm

10:01pm

𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗪𝗼𝗼𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴
miki, where are you?

10:35pm

𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗪𝗼𝗼𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴
its getting late 

10:45pm

𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗪𝗼𝗼𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴
i can pick you up 

10:47pm

𝗝𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗪𝗼𝗼𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴
if you want 

When Miki finally got home, it was almost midnight. She yawned as she took off her sneakers and swapped them for her fluffy home slippers.

"Didn't you get my messages?" Wooyoung had his arms crossed.

Placing her sneakers on the shoe rack, she stood and nodded. " I did, but I was already on my way home with Kathy."

Exams were finally over, so she and a couple of uni friends went out for dinner to celebrate.

Miki searched his expression and discovered a fresh pair of dark circles. Her chest tightened as she remembered he had work early tomorrow.

"I'm sorry if I worried you." She said softly. "I didn't mean to."

Wooyoung sighed, but slowly uncrossed his arms. "I guess it can't be helped."

He tilted his head in the direction of the living room. "Come, I want to show you something."

She followed closely behind, her curiosity peaking when he stopped in the doorway, obscuring her view. "Close your eyes." he instructed.

"Don't do anything creepy," she joked, before closing them tightly.

"Hey, none of that nonsense." Wooyoung grumbled, but there was a certain level of excitement in his voice.

He guided her into the room, a gentle hand resting on her back.

"Okay, open them."

It was a cake.

Multiple candles around its edge lit up the dim room with an amber glow. A note written in icing adorned the top of the cake.

𝒸𝑜𝓃𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓉𝓈 𝑜𝓃 𝒻𝒾𝓃𝒾𝓈𝒽𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝑒𝓍𝒶𝓂𝓈!

Miki was so touched, the only reaction she could give was to cover her mouth in surprise. "How?"

He grinned. "I can't take all the credit. Google did most of the work."

While she had been avoiding him, he had been learning to bake. For her.

"Wooyoung..." Her breath hitched, and with a surge of confidence, she reached forward to grasp his hand. "Thank you."

He stiffened, then quickly relaxed, squeezing her hand in return. "It's nothing," he muttered. "And I'm the one who should be sorry."

She knew he was talking about his outburst. 

"Hey." Miki sniffed, gazing up at him with glistening eyes. "None of that nonsense."

His eyes widened slightly, and to her surprise: he started to laugh. So did she, smiling through the tears. 

a/n: thank you for 1k reads!!! dayum, reads have been increasing fast lately so ty all 🥰 didn't expect this to get any reads tbh

a/n: thank you for 1k reads!!! dayum, reads have been increasing fast lately so ty all 🥰 didn't expect this to get any reads tbh. till next time!