❝just one more❞

8 days until anniversary, 4 days until they leave for Wooyoung's family home

"SO,
when are you planning on telling me?" Wooyoung randomly asked.

Miki glanced over at him quickly and instantly regretted it, swallowing thickly.

He had on a silk black shirt tucked into a pair of grey slacks. His gaze was focused on the road ahead of him, and she cursed the way he always managed to look effortlessly put together.

"Tell you what?" she asked apprehensively.

He threw her a disapproving look, and Miki tried not to think too hard about the way his hands gripped the steering wheel.

"About that, the way you talk to me like you're afraid of being wrong. Everything startles you nowadays. "

She inwardly sighed. She wasn't more jumpy, just more... aware.

Nothing could have prepared Miki for how aware she would become around Wooyoung. Even when she wasn't trying, she noticed. She noticed everything.

And it was driving her insane.

"I'm sorry, it's just..." Her brain scrambled to find an excuse. "I haven't been sleeping well lately."

Wooyoung hummed in reply as they pulled up at their destination.

Once they were safely parked, he shifted in his seat slightly to get a better look at her. She felt fidgety under his scrutiny.

"Alright then." He seemed to accept the lie. With a sigh, he unbuckled his seatbelt. "If you feel like you've had enough, tell me and we'll go home early. I don't care how early it is. Got it?"

"Got it, doc." She found herself smiling, and it was genuine.

Wooyoung's eyes softened. "Good."

✿✿✿

WOOYOUNG'S work party was okay. Besides him, Miki knew no one else at the party.

But she still enjoyed it anyway. In the end, it took her mind off of the raging storm that was her feelings.

Towards the end of the night, people started gathering in groups to take photos. Since she hardly knew anyone, she offered to be the one to take them.

It started off small. Wooyoung stood in between two of his colleagues, a lazy half-smile adorning his features. He looked so laidback that Miki struggled to keep the phone steady as she took the picture.

Then more and more people joined in, until it was a large group photo.

She endured and took pictures of them all.

After everyone was satisfied, the group dispersed once again until it was just her and Wooyoung.

"Your colleagues seem nice," she commented softly.

He was looking at her with a strange expression in his eyes. "Down for one more photo?"

Miki quickly whipped out her phone. "Sure thing." She glanced around to see who he wanted a picture with.

Someone walked past, and Wooyoung quickly tapped him on the shoulder. "Hey, Eunho. Could you please take a picture of my wife and I? "

Miki felt her heart start beating rapidly against her chest.

"Sure," his colleague agreed.

She was feeling all sorts of nervous as she handed her phone over and walked to Wooyoung's side. He slid an arm around her waist, gently tugging her closer.

She drew in a deep breath as her stomach erupted with butterflies.

"Ready? 1, 2,..." Flash.

The phone was handed back to them, and Miki almost gasped. It was a perfect photo.

He had pulled her so close that her head nearly rested on his chest, and he was grinning, head tilted to the side as if almost leaning on hers. She found her own smile so bright it was almost unrecognisable.

"Ready to go home?" Wooyoung asked, his voice rougher than usual.

She nodded, taking his offered arm. 

He didn't notice the way her eyes glistened.

a/n: sorry for the delay again luvlies!! dw, y'all are yelling we're tired!!! and i hear it!! thanks for being so patient with me #unreliableauthor

the chapters seem to get longer and longer, and its so hard to cut them down. but i hope its worth it :))