❝realisation❞

WOOYOUNG appeared in the entryway of their living room, shrugging on a black puffer jacket

WOOYOUNG appeared in the entryway of their living room, shrugging on a black puffer jacket. "How are you feeling? Do you need anything from the shops while I'm there?"

She shook her head. "No, I should be fine."

Since two days ago, she hadn't been feeling the best, but it was nothing major.

Even so, he focused all his attention on her minor sickness. She knew that it was just a distraction from what was clearly the elephant in the room - their upcoming anniversary.

He disappeared for a moment and came back with a glass of water. Placing the glass down on the coffee table in front of her, he leaned forward slightly to place a gentle hand on her forehead.

Their eyes met, and finding her temperature was fine, he offered a small smile before stepping back.

"Alright, I'll be back soon. Keep your fluids up, okay? Call me if you need anything."

He grabbed a black cap from the other sofa and exited the room.

Miki sat there in silence for a few moments. She wished she could just speak up, force him to sit down and talk about the upcoming date. It was clear they both had their own thoughts about it, but no one was willing to voice them out loud.

Her gaze drifted over to the coffee table, and she became aware of an object next to the glass of water.

Wooyoung had left his phone.

The engine of his car roared to life outside, and Miki knew she still had time to catch up to him.

She picked it up and was down the hallway in a flash. When the phone buzzed with a notification, she instinctively brought it up to her face as if it were her own phone.

She didn't mean to snoop, but it was too late.

It was a message from his mother.

𝗘𝗼𝗺𝗺𝗮
what do you mean, no longer content? are you and miki okay?

She stood there, in shock, reading the message over and over.

no longer content no longer contentnolongercontentnolonger-

The door opened, and she quickly lowered her hand as Wooyoung stepped inside.

"Oh, thanks," he said, nodding towards the phone in her hand. "I almost left without it."

She held it out numbly, processing a million thoughts in her head. He took it, and she noticed the way his gaze snapped towards her face after he read the message.

"Is everything alright?" He asked carefully.

Miki nodded. Faked a smile. Acted like she totally did not read that just now.

He looked relieved, but she felt like she was going to be sick.

"You look pale," he said, eyebrows furrowing slightly with concern. "Make sure you rest while I'm gone."

For once, she was glad to see him go.

Her mind returned to the other day, the questions she was trying to answer in her head. It was funny, really.

Perhaps she should just laugh.

Because now, faced with the possibility of rejection, Miki finally realised what she had been trying to figure out all along.

She was falling in love with her husband. 

a/n: longest chapter yet, but i think its valid!! also, 10k reads?? hUH??? thank you thank you a million times over 😭😭😭😭😭

have any thoughts? give me your wooyoung theories! ;) i do not want this season to end besties 💔